What's new

Marking rolls?

scotto

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
278
Golden Thread
0
Location
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I was thinking, what if we all marked our searched rolls with "CRH" or something of that matter, even the CRHers who lurk here?

That way we'd know for sure if anyone actually hunted thru them before we searched them.

We could even do our state initials after, so if you searched them in Illinois do CRHIL or something like that.

I've seen all sorts of marked coins, but I've also found silver mixed in with the marked coins. I know the rolls disappear when they are bagged or boxed at Brinks so in the long run it wouldn't help, but it would help short-term to know if any of our hunting areas overlap. And if you would see a different state than yours show up, you know someone was on a road trip. :wink:

What say you?

And for those of you that lurk and never post but will read this, think about it.
 
Upvote 0
I mark them with CRH and TN and date them and put the State CT.
Sometime I put my initials
the box I had yseterday had a date of 2 days earlier??Go figure
 
Not a bad idea, but I dump all my coins in a machine. If I had the time/extra rolls I would happily mark the rolls.
 
You do realize that the paper rolls gets refilled and reused and as such marking rolls would be of little to no value except to yourself in the long run.
 
Granted I've been doing this for a whopping 4 days but I've been putting CRH on my rolls from the get go. That's what got me started on the other thread. Wanted to make sure I wasn'tn breaking any unspoken rules.
 
mistergee said:
wouldn't matter to me ...i'd search em anyway ;D

Exactly, this past Friday I went on a roadtrip and picked up $300 in halves. $250 was marked "No Silver" with a number. Popped them open and pulled 13 40% out. Person probably thought that 64 was the last year for silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom