What's new

markings inside gold ring? **UPDATED PICS**

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this ring today, I believe the outside to be copper, inside 18k gold, do you know anything about these markings? looks like a cat and a crown

**UPDATE.............I took a new pic today after I polished it, the copper color is all gone and the outside is as shiny gold as the inside now, so the person who said the gold was only plated and worn off was not correct at all!
 

Attachments

  • 18K ring.webp
    18K ring.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 15,295
  • 18K ring.webp
    18K ring.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,568
  • S6300282.webp
    S6300282.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 2,387
One reason why the ring could be copper plated is because someone was allergic to alloy's in the gold, my mother is and has to either wear platinum or have all her gold jewelry platinum plated.
 
Upvote 0
Goes4ever said:
I took it to a jeweler in my town and they said they do not test for gold since they have no need to. I just took it home and threw it in my box of finds and kind of forgot about it
. OK, then try a pawn shop. They certainly would have the need to test for gold. Please let us know the reults. We are all waiting for you. I think you would like to know yourself. :)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom