What's new

marks, any ideas?...UPDATED

Montauk3

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
907
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I found a "medallion". It depicts a very worn angel. There is no ring to hang on a chain. The stamp on the back side is (V+K) Appears to be silver. I will post a pic after my nap.

P.S.
Does not clean up like silver.

TIA

Ralph
 

Attachments

  • V+K-1.webp
    V+K-1.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 314
  • V+K-2.webp
    V+K-2.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0
Sorry to say I "think" I know where it came from. They sell these things? religious, mystical, animal designs stamped into a silver/nickle type metal at gem shows, gift stores, and at the seashell stores. Maybe they are good luck charms. They sell for .99 to 2.99. The're sold sell right next to the cash registers at kids eye level. The first one I found was a unicorn, and it looked so old I thought it was something really special.
 
Thanks for the reply. Now I can go back to my nap.LOL
 
could be pure silver or 950silver is it real soft? looks like silver.
 
Well, I made a cut with a sharp knife and it does cut easily.
My next purchase will be a silver test acid.

I tend to agree with goldhunter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom