What's new

mason badge?

Mr Chris

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2010
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
I found this in a bag of mystery items from an estate sale. The round part is about the size of a quarter and when spinning it looks loke the mason symbol
 

Attachments

  • mason.GIF
    mason.GIF
    66.1 KB · Views: 399
The Masonic symbol is the square and compases and the letter G. I'm not sure what that is supposed to be. Looks like a hammer and ruler and something else? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
The Masonic symbol is the square and compases and the letter G. I'm not sure what that is supposed to be. Looks like a hammer and ruler and something else? Monty

Monty ~ In the description of the first link that bigcypresshunter posted...they are partial designs (half of the G and Masonic symbol on each side). When the lower part is spun, it creates an 'optical illusion of the Masonic image of a compass and square'.

Here's a similar one, claimed to be 1860s - 1890s :

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-victorian-sterling-spinning-102988821
 
Upvote 0
Aha! I get it now! The thing spins and forms the correct insignias. I didn't catch that in the original post. But I feel much better now! M :wink: nty
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom