What's new

Masonic order of mechanics?

tav396

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2010
Messages
49
Reaction score
209
Golden Thread
0
Location
western pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-- Minelab e-trac Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in the river today, Back says "Nov. 3 1885 Phila"
 

Attachments

  • junior order of mechanics.webp
    junior order of mechanics.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 26
Looks old Great piece of History!!!!!!!
 
the hammer and/or trowel are common images in masonry.looks a bit like a lodge specific badge like this one...very cool find.:occasion14:

s-l225.webp
 
The Mechanics Lodges have no relationship to the Freemasons. I'm a Freemasonry for 15 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 
That would Great in MY Shadow box!!!! Congrats on a very special save.
 
@ Powrsurg - my most humble apologies. Upon research, the OAUM was influenced by the Freemasons, but was NOT a part of it. Order of United American Mechanics pin I should rename this post. I had just returned from the river when I posted the quick pik before I did any research. Restraint of THUMB and SEND should be the modern version
 
@ Powrsurg - my most humble apologies. Upon research, the OAUM was influenced by the Freemasons, but was NOT a part of it. Order of United American Mechanics pin I should rename this post. I had just returned from the river when I posted the quick pik before I did any research. Restraint of THUMB and SEND should be the modern version
Tav, no apologies necessary. You see a square and compasses and it's natural to make the connection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom