mainer Silver Member Joined May 3, 2005 Messages 3,405 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 25, 2010 #1 Can anyone tell me if this is a match holder? Or what it is? Also what it might date? Thank you for the help. Attachments 1.webp 30 KB · Views: 255 2.webp 19.6 KB · Views: 256
Can anyone tell me if this is a match holder? Or what it is? Also what it might date? Thank you for the help.
doublet2a Bronze Member Joined Apr 15, 2007 Messages 1,281 Reaction score 306 Golden Thread 0 Location Lindsay, California Detector(s) used Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils. Apr 25, 2010 #2 I have an old cigarette roller that looks similar to that.. Got some for a size reference?? Tim Upvote 0
Silver Searcher Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2006 Messages 10,425 Reaction score 2,724 Golden Thread 1 Location UK 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 25, 2010 #3 doublet2a said: I have an old cigarette roller that looks similar to that.. Got some for a size reference?? Tim Click to expand... I agree also..looks like a ciggy roller SS Upvote 0
doublet2a said: I have an old cigarette roller that looks similar to that.. Got some for a size reference?? Tim Click to expand... I agree also..looks like a ciggy roller SS
mainer Silver Member Joined May 3, 2005 Messages 3,405 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 25, 2010 Thread Owner #4 Its 2 and 1/4 inches long by 1 and1/2 inches wide. I would think to short for a cigarette roller, but it certainly could have been one. Upvote 0
Its 2 and 1/4 inches long by 1 and1/2 inches wide. I would think to short for a cigarette roller, but it certainly could have been one.
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Apr 25, 2010 #5 Fish hook book or fly case? http://tinyurl.com/2bcn9dq Upvote 0
watercolor Silver Member Joined Feb 3, 2007 Messages 4,116 Reaction score 1,352 Golden Thread 0 Location Arlington Heights, IL Detector(s) used V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 25, 2010 #6 Cool find!! You found a "safety matchbook" holder. . . if you have a cardboard book of matches, it will fit. Nice hunt Upvote 0
Cool find!! You found a "safety matchbook" holder. . . if you have a cardboard book of matches, it will fit. Nice hunt
mainer Silver Member Joined May 3, 2005 Messages 3,405 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 25, 2010 Thread Owner #7 Thanks watercolor. Thats what I thought it was, any idea about when it would date? Upvote 0
watercolor Silver Member Joined Feb 3, 2007 Messages 4,116 Reaction score 1,352 Golden Thread 0 Location Arlington Heights, IL Detector(s) used V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 25, 2010 #8 Safety "book-type" matches have been around before 1900. Based on your cover's condition, I would guess around the '30's or '40's. I found this one about 3-years ago near Chicago. Neat piece of history Upvote 0
Safety "book-type" matches have been around before 1900. Based on your cover's condition, I would guess around the '30's or '40's. I found this one about 3-years ago near Chicago. Neat piece of history
mainer Silver Member Joined May 3, 2005 Messages 3,405 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 26, 2010 Thread Owner #9 Thanks Watercolor! I got the top piece to another one at the same site and in the little rectangle box someone had inscribed there initial in it. Thanks again for the help. Upvote 0
Thanks Watercolor! I got the top piece to another one at the same site and in the little rectangle box someone had inscribed there initial in it. Thanks again for the help.