What's new

May 30th finds from the torn down house spots

Giant056

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
469
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Michigan
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the same spot I've been hunting and this area is still producing finds, there's more targets to be dug so I'll be going back too. I met a hunting buddy of mine who called and left a message on my answering machine yesterday to get hold of him so I did. He had seen my youtube vids of what I've been finding out there. I managed to get me another Indian, a silver rosie, neat locket, military cuff button (I like), clad and some odds and ends. I also did a youtube vid on today too so I'll post that along with pics. ;D



may30.1.webp
may30.2.webp
may30.3.webp
may30.4.webp
may30.5.webp
may30.6.webp
may30.7.webp
may30.8.webp
 
Upvote 4
Neat locket Larry.. Try soaking in Lemon Juice.
 
Neat locket Larry.. Try soaking in Lemon Juice.

Next time I go to the store I'm going to pic up some lemon juice and try it out.
 
Giant056 said:
Next time I go to the store I'm going to pic up some lemon juice and try it out.


You will be surprised how that locket will turn out
 
Nice hunt, really like the locket.:leprechaun-hat:
 
Congrats on the finds, I like the locket. :thumb_up:
 
You were right Greg that lemon juice works killer for that gold gilt. I couldn't believe how much better the button looks after just five minutes in the lemon juice.

buttonafterlemon.webp
locket1.webp
locket2.webp
 
Friggen lemon juice. It has a good taste and cleans up your finds. Gotta love it Larry.

Maybe a little longer soak on the pendant.
 
Last edited:
congrats........fantastic photos
 
After talking to you yesterday I watched a ton of your video's until about 3:00 AM. You got me re-inspired, Dusted off my detectors and am ready to go, Unfortunately it is still pouring rain :( I have some more questions about what you use for electrolysis etc so I sent you an email. Good talking to you yesterday, Great video's as well!
Dave
 
Congrats on those awesome finds. I have been gettin better with my etrac, and recently found my first ever indian head.. It is so corroded that I cant tell a date yet. I recently bought the cherry pickers guide and It would take closer inspection to be sure, but it looks to me like your Indian head could be a neat variety.... I think I can see the top of an "8" in the denticles below the date.... check that out, and let us know.

Chris.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom