What's new

MD in melting parking lot snow piles

Richper413

Greenie
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Anyone have any luck with those massive mounds of melting snow that plows pile up in large parking lots? I work at a mall and there were some very large mountains of snow that are almost gone now. When I get out of work tonight, I'm going to try my luck and see what I can find! Its in a pretty "expensive" area... The mall has a nordstroms/tiffany & co/ ect so heres hoping I find something good!! Wish me luck!
 
:icon_thumleft: Keep us posted and good luck!!!!! :icon_thumright: :hello2:
 
When ever I have the chanch I will look over an area with my eyes, I get lucky sometimes.
 
Watch out for the occasional body :laughing7:
 
I checked out the local Wally World lot while my wife ran inside. Look for the sand piles. I found a quarter and a one cent in just a couple minutes. Then she gave me heck for not waiting for her closer. ::)
 
That my uncles favorite spot him and his ace 2fiddy.lol
 
on our ski trip 2 weeks ago i found a $10 bill right on top of the snow in the ski area parking lot :laughing9: over the length of our 5 day vaca i found like, $4 in change alone ;D
 
See theres alot out there after a snow fall, some times you don't nead a M D. It's more about hunting!!!
 
I think this is a great idea. I'll have to try it next year when the snow starts to melt. I guess it makes total sense. Things get dropped in the snow because people get in a hurry. The plows come in and basically sweep everything that gets dropped into a big pile in one location for you. What would you have to lose?

Thanks for the great tip!
 
Well aside from the used condoms and seringes... I did find a gold plated pendant, lighter, cell phone, and some change. The snow mound is still an area the size of two football fields and is about 4 stories tall so its gonna be there till july spittin out more goodies! I'll have to check back when its light out so I can see a lot better
 
Richper413 said:
Well aside from the used condoms and seringes... I did find a gold plated pendant, lighter, cell phone, and some change. The snow mound is still an area the size of two football fields and is about 4 stories tall so its gonna be there till july spittin out more goodies! I'll have to check back when its light out so I can see a lot better

Nice haul! And that is one heck of a snow mound. Around here they usually only make them about 10 feet tall and about 20 feet in diameter. Ours are all gone. Especially on a day like today when we have "blistering" heat at 80 degrees. :wink:
 
Think I'm going to try my luck again here tonight... The snow pile is still massive (2-3 stories tall over a football field - sized area) but a good new portion of ground is now showing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom