jamestaylor said:Hi,
Thank you for the replies...I bought this over 25 years ago at an estate sale in
Hawaii. Much earlier than when the ECU was formed. I also bought other things that turned out to be quite old and contempory with the medallion.. The mark on the blank side middle is quite small
and does not appear to have had a shank at any given time.
If this was made in 1788 what was it used for? was it attached to a travelling chest maybe?
I do not think that it was used as coinage due to the large diameter size.
Regards to all
CRUSADER said:jamestaylor said:Hi,
Thank you for the replies...I bought this over 25 years ago at an estate sale in
Hawaii. Much earlier than when the ECU was formed. I also bought other things that turned out to be quite old and contempory with the medallion.. The mark on the blank side middle is quite small
and does not appear to have had a shank at any given time.
If this was made in 1788 what was it used for? was it attached to a travelling chest maybe?
I do not think that it was used as coinage due to the large diameter size.
Regards to all
in no way was this ever made in 1788, 1988 maybe
