Medical alert necklace?! Best day detecting so far.....

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are my finds today, just pulled them out of my pouch and haven't cleaned them up yet. The coolest thing is the necklace, which appears to be a medical necklace with a magnet to pull out. I will clean it up in a bit and repost what it looks like. The two small round things are a button and costume jewelry earring. I have NO idea what the metal ring thing is. It rang up high on silver, and I thought it was going to be jewelery. All in all, a good day, and I am pleased. Almost everything were surface finds to 2 inches within an area 30 feet by 40 feet. It took me two and a half hours to go through.

I want to thank everyone on this site who have been so kind and helpful to a newbie. Next week will mark two months for me in the metal detecting hobby! 8-)

Attachments

• metal detecting12.28.jpg
    metal detecting12.28.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 21
If you lasted 2 months & still like it your hooked for life.:thumbsup:

Say R&B,

I snooped a little on line and couldn't find a symbol like this. I think that because the cover is magnetic perhaps you could personalize it with any number of designs available from the merchant.

The X in some usage represents the cross of Saint Andrew, who, when crucified, asked to be hanged upside down because he wasn't worthy to be crucified like Christ. Perhaps the stylized Christian cross superimposed on top is some kind of an affirmation of the universal concept of martyrdom.

The contents is a bit puzzling because if intended to hold medication I'd think it would be padded inside. I think perhaps drugs. You could swab it and have it analyzed or have it sniffed by Sheriffs drug dog. Explain up front of course.

Best wishes and good luck!

Thanks for the better pics R&B!

This might be some kind of a pill safe. Perhaps for nitro glycerin? The symbolism might tell a story.

Best wishes!

It doesn't have a well in it-it is a small dot that attracts the magnet. It's very cryptic, in that there are no initials or any other type of info as I would expect on a medical alert necklace. Yet there is the cross symbol that is used on other medical alert devices. I am thinking of reposting just the two cleaned up pics to see if anyone can provide additional information.

Never seen one of those , I wonder if it could be a strike a lite sort of thing ? ( for sparking a fire in the woods .

I can't figure it out, Argentium (btw, I had to look up your name to figure out it's meaning. very cool!). I work in the healthcare field, and some folks have a magnet they keep with them to pass over a device if they have seizures. However, this is too small for that. The magnet only attracts to the dot area on the pendant.....I am truly stumped...

Some people believe that magnetism has some sort of medicinal properties. Maybe it's that sort of item. The symbol at the bottom has sort of an Aztec look to me. Oh, in your photo with the magnet section mounted in the pendant, you have it up side down! :laughing7: Interesting find!

Wow, no well or receptacle inside?

Perhaps one or the other part is some kind of a key? You might ask some of the native art dealers around if the symbol on the larger part rings a bell? Which piece is actually magnetic?

Some people believe that magnetism has some sort of medicinal properties. Maybe it's that sort of item. The symbol at the bottom has sort of an Aztec look to me. Oh, in your photo with the magnet section mounted in the pendant, you have it up side down! :laughing7: Interesting find!

I agree on the symbol at the bottom. It looks like some type of native Indian symbol. I am scratching my head....

Wow, no well or receptacle inside?

Perhaps one or the other part is some kind of a key? You might ask some of the native art dealers around if the symbol on the larger part rings a bell? Which piece is actually magnetic?

Phil, both parts are magnetic, the two circles...it's like an eye. What a mystery!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back