Greenie
Nov 23, 2013
Bistrita Romania Transilvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Medieval Fire Starter | Coin Details

After a visit by the famous shop “sports direct” I saw something that really amused me, that is a “fire starter” modern version.
After seeing that model I remembered that and I found some medieval models with my metal detector “Garrett my At-Pro Int”.
I guess it goes back to the 18th century and I can not figure out what material they were made, but after oxidation layer i suspect that something as steel or iron alloy stiffer.
The objects were donated to the museum from my city.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should really post your pictures directly to this forum if you want anyone to see them. Most users will not follow a link to an unknown web site.

DCMatt

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. I never click any links. I would really like to see a pic on here however!

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to be too critical but the Medieval period was from the 5 to the 15th century. Something from the 1700's isn't.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it is supposed to be a fire striker they were hardened steel. But I never saw one with multiple parts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread