oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on my new permission of 800 acres . on the last remaining stubble of the year - l was just thinking that the field l was on was a bit of a washout, and the very next signal at only six inches deep and remarkably in perfect condition for something that fragile and around 600 years old..
Shining in the sunlight. A beutiful gold finger ring .... Hutch.:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• 511 (Small).jpg
    511 (Small).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 820
  • 515 (Small).jpg
    515 (Small).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 703
Upvote 96

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm late to this party, but a BIG CONGRATZ from me! That is awesome! :hello2:

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the banner. Your find is truely a beautiful ring. I am drawn to it every time I get on this site.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a stunning ring find, the Banner is secondary IMHO but well deserved!!

It would be intriguing to know who owned/wore that ring, I would think it would be someone of nobility!
Yep. I agree

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a stunning ring find, the Banner is secondary IMHO but well deserved!!

It would be intriguing to know who owned/wore that ring, I would think it would be someone of nobility!

Many thanks for your thoughts on the ring , from how delicate it was l would say it was for a woman. l can't wait for the results from the experts. Hutch.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Want to see my shock face?

image.jpeg

I'm booking a flight to the UK!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing, how are you able to get a date from that being i almost doubt there were makers marks back then. Suoer cool, aubs to hear more.

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing, how are you able to get a date from that being i almost doubt there were makers marks back then. Suoer cool, aubs to hear more.
Bquamb. You are right there are no markings on the ring at all and the shank is round in profile but the experts have many clues as to its date such as just the style and also how the blue stone is mounted and the style of cut of the ( Sapphire ? ) which is the basic early style of cabochon, as they didn't have the cutting of stones as they do today . Hopefully the British Museum in London will give us (eventually) the full ID and date. Hutch.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, what a gorgeous looking ring, a piece that beautiful definitely deserves to be worn and appreciated!:occasion14:

Congratulations on your find and on making BANNER #4 mate! :thumbsup:

Dave

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
I love the color of that old gold...so pure and yellow...beautiful condition for such a delicate ring ..congrats

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great find! Love it, what kind of stone is that? And it's awesome how they record your finds and hand it back to you, here in the US they just wanna take it, or not let you hunt...

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great find! Love it, what kind of stone is that? And it's awesome how they record your finds and hand it back to you, here in the US they just wanna take it, or not let you hunt...
Thanks for your comment , overall our system for treasure is not too bad as you say , either its handed back if disclaimed or a reward is paid (shared between the finder and the land owner) The blue stone is most likely to be a Sapphire. Hutch.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an outstanding find.
I love the fact that gold can lay there for 1000 years and come out looking like it was dropped yesterday.

Congrats on the find of a lifetime.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations :occasion14:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
It is amazing how something like that survived so long just waiting on a new owner. The shape and style of that ring you can be sure it will not be lost again and your name is certainly now added to the history of that ring.

I normally sell everything I find but I would be hard pressed to settle on a price for that.

Congrats, I am happy for you. It is always better to hear it directly from the person who found instead of reading on some card whilst its on display. Either way, if its on a card or cataloged in a book, your name is sure to follow, and that will be there forever.

So cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread