Meet Bandit

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, When our cat that we had for a little over 19 years had to be put to sleep, we decided not to have any more pets. A few months later, the cat belonging to a friend of our son's had kittens. As soon as it was old enough he brought one over for us.
She fell in love with him immediately and couldn't resist it.He was such a cute little dickins and we named him Bandit because of his face. He has been a barrel of laughs the way he plays with everything. I've never known of a cat that would 'fetch', but he started doing this when he was pretty small. He won't do it for Karen but he will do it for me LOL It's funny to see him do that. I've never cared for cats but this little guy is kinda comical and fun. If I roll a milk bottle ring or one of his little
toys he'll run after it and cuff it a little bit then bring it over and drop it at my feet to roll again. He picked that up on his own and it's funny to watch him do it.
The first two pics are right after we got him, the third one was when we were unpacking a new TV and he was playing in the box.
the others are recent ones.

Ray

Attachments

• Bandit June 2009.jpg
    Bandit June 2009.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 326
  • Bandit Aug. 2009.JPG
    Bandit Aug. 2009.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 314
  • In the new TV box Christmas \'09.JPG
    In the new TV box Christmas \'09.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 310
  • Relaxing.JPG
    Relaxing.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 315
  • Peeking out.JPG
    Peeking out.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Playing on the chair.JPG
    Playing on the chair.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 320

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute kitten, my Mom had a 'siamese' for years, it was very 'independent', didn't like to be touched.

Fossis...........

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking cat. :icon_thumright: My brother's cat is mostly Siamese and they could be twins, I'll see if I have a pic.

Funny how we go through tough times with the loss of a pet(s) and we tell ourselves "no more". Same thing happened to me. After experiencing several heart wrenching losses and a little time passing I came home from work one evening. This cat ran across my back porch and literally ran right up me and sat on my shoulder. He was emaciated, tick ridden and had worms as I later found out. I looked for a month for a former owner. He now has a new home. :)

Attachments

• z man.JPG
    z man.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 274
  • z man2.JPG
    z man2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 271

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I used to have one I named Junior, he would play fetch too, but he would only chase those little leather mice from walmart.
we had to be careful though, he would continue to chase it as long as you would throw it. the first time he was breathing
so hard he laid down for about 5 minutes after we were done

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, packerbacker, That is funny. Maybe she knows somehow that thing has something to do with her dinners. LOL.

Thanks Fossis, Many years ago we had another siamese and he was the 'independent type too. Toward the end he got
real mean and had Lukemia, so we had to have him put to sleep. This one we have now just eats up the attention. In
the mornings he loves lots of petting.

Hi there, Digging the past, that one of yours there is pretty. They are both good pics. My wife would sure like him.

Hello, Sniffer, Wow! I am surprised at how many cats do 'fetch'. And yup you have to be careful when playing with them
that you don't overwork their heart too much. If I swing a string around in a circle in front of me. he will keep
chasing it until his heart is pumping pretty fast. Then when I drop the string on the floor and sit down, he will
pick up one end and drag it over to my feet and drop it. When he is playing with his little stuffed toys and balls
he turns a lot of summersaults. He makes us laugh a lot and is real good company.

Thanks, guys for all the nice remarks.

Have a good day.

Ray

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Junior would also jump on my back in the morning and watch over my shoulder as I would brush my teeth.
he's been gone for about 10 years and I can still remember the things he used to do

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Good Morning Sniffer, yup when you have a pet for a long time they find a place in your heart and are never fully
forgotten, no matter how long they have been gone. I've had three dogs that I'll never forget. My first one I had as a kid growing up. He was with me for 11 years. Then after I was married we had a sheppard collie mix for 12 years. Then we had a black Lab for 14 years. We lost her 2 1/2 years ago. I'll never forget them, because of the pleasure we got from them.
Have a good day.

Ray

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
every pet you ever have, has their own traits that will never be forgotten

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty cat, Ray. But as a rule I hate cats. I found this abandoned kitten only about 3 days old once, and took her in. In spite of my best efforts she lived. I lived in the country in my teepee then. I called her Cat, because I don't know what she called herself, probably somethin like 'Zanakanisha, Destroyer and Sword of Justice to all Rodent-Kind'. Cats tend to be egotistical that way. I would have a fire outside of an evening into the night and she would sit across from it and watch me and I would watch her, and we would dislike each other across the flames. When I went to sleep, she would lie down beside me, probably waitin for the chance to smother me. One day a car ran over her and killed her. I guess just so she could have the last laugh, she came back to me in my dreams 3 or 4 nights after she got killed and she could talk, and we discussed a lot of things. I hate cats and have no use for them, but I kinda miss her. I hope your cat is nicer to you than mine was, also.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, Roadquest, thanks. If you have a picture of your dog, Bandit, could you post it? I would like to see it. I have always
loved dogs. Thanks for yoyr reply.

Hola RGINN, thanks for the compliment for the cat. That is quite a story about the cat you had. I, myself, have never liked
cats, either and never had anything to do with them. Even the cat that we had for 19 years. I just accepted it and never really
paid any attention to it. But this one was rather cute and funny acting as a kitten and I've been playing with it enough that
I kinda like it, but it is her cat. not mine. But the fact that he will bring his toys and drop them at my feet is kinda cute
and I can't help but like him for it. Thanks for your reply.

All the best.

Ray

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Quite a story rginn, cats are very unique. You were lucky that one chose to let you in her life however briefly it was. I daresay you will remember her the rest of your life. Who said "liking" had to be a part of a relationship? We have 3 indoor cats. One fetched in her younger days, only a wadded up piece of paper. so we named her Brittnany. There is Peebody(long story on her name) and Goober. He's a totally deaf, blue-eyed white male, who is still growing at one and a half years old. Ray, once a cat has found a way into your heart, you won't want to be without one. Bandit is a very pretty guy.

naturegirl

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Greetings, naturegirl Thank you for your interesting remarks. That story back of Peabody's name sounds
very intriguing.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread