Mega Score-29 Solid Walker Rolls!

triplejway

Jul 11, 2011
I have been CRHing for the past couple of months and have been slowly adding to the stack, but nothing prepared me for what I came across yesterday.

I was on my way back from by dump bank and stopped off at 3 branches. My last stop was at my bank that I do most of my business with. I was planning on loading up on dimes, but when I asked for halves, the teller at the end of the counter immediately started waving her hands. She advised a lady just dropped off a large amount. All told they had $600 in halfs and $120 in Ikes that I decided to pick up as well.

It's about a 10 minute drive back to the house, so I caught a peek at one of the CWRs and on the top was a lady. Pulled the roll out and BOOM, solid roll. Looked at the end of 5 or more, all the same! I had never hit more than 2 in a roll to this point.

After regrouping back at the house, sized it all up: $260 in Brink's rolls, and $340 in CWRs. 29 of the 34 CWRs were solid walking liberties. The other 5 CWRs even produced 2 40%s.

All told:

580 Walkers
2 40%
A little over 210 oz of silver.

Went back today to see if the customer had dropped off any other coin. Ended up getting $80 in quarters and $22 in nickels. No more silver in the bunch, but did get 2 solid rolls of Pre-60 nickels.

I never thought I would have a score this big, still in a bit of shock. Thought I share with the group, please see some of the pics below.

Attachments

• Silver1.jpg
    Silver1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 2,584
  • Silver2.jpg
    Silver2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,542
  • silver3.jpg
    silver3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,548
Upvote 0
wow, that should be illegal. J/k, incredible

Jackpot! :icon_thumleft:

Any "good" dates in the mix? Not that there is any such thing as a bad date Walker. ;D

I would not have believed it if I had not seen pictures. Congratulations!

Thanks. I was planning on going back through tonight to look through the dates. I noticed my first time through a good range of dates. I'll try to pick out a couple of the nicer ones and post some pics.

I do a whooopie dance when I find a 40%er. Man, you must be "Dancin' With the Stars". Congratulations.

As redundant as this is going to sound, Congratulations on what will most likely be one of, if not the best, days you ever have in CRH. These finds are what makes this forum so awesome. I am sure this was a great day for you and you are just sitting there staring at the coins, but dont forget to take a break away from them, that silver can blind you:)

Seriously awesome,
JJ

Is anybody keeping track of the best individual CRH scores? This must qualify. I've been reading some amazing stories from y'all as I browse through the archives, but this one just takes the cake!

Someday, this will happen to me, too, right? (Though I won't complain about my recent lucky rolls.)

:headbang:

And to think I was happy about my bank calling me today and telling me they were holding 7 40%'ers and 2 90%'ers for me.....

SWEET SCORE> will be almost impossible to top that in your lifetime!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back