What's new

Mercs, Rosies, War Nicks, old pennies, oversea suprises oh my!

Silver Sniper

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Ive been CRHunting for about 6 weeks since Ive been laid off and have a ton of time on my hands. So far Ive sniped... 1 1858 K.K. Oesterreich Schediemunze 1 cent piece. Its an Austrian coin from the German empire in G/AG condition ( any idea how much this is worth?). 1 Highly corroded indian head. 1 1909 wheaty (not a VDB) a 1912 Wheatie, 1916 Wheatie, 3 1920 wheaties. Altogeather 135 Wheaties. I have about 50 nicks from 1938 - 1942; 46-49. 5 war nicks (3 43P's 44P, 43 S). 1 1920 Buffalo. (I got the buffalo, 4 war nicks and 22 1938 - 1942; 46-49 Nickels from one box! Dimes, 3 mercury dimes, (1920? 1943 and 44) 1 1960 Canadian, and a 1965 1/2 Swiss Franc (these are silver) + 54 Rosies. I got a quarter today from 1964 when I saw it sitting in the teller tray. Ive also Sniped 28 Clad Ikes! My best dime box was 7 rosies. I will continue to hunt dime pieces and Nicks like its my job because I dont have one! Maybe silver will hit $20 + an oz with this 0% inflation producing Fed lending rate. I will post my hoard when I can figure out how to work a digi camera.
 
Upvote 0
good "work" ;D
Keep it up.
 
Good #'s. I know that when I was hitting the dimes, I was able to rack up close to 200, thats out of searching roughly 60 boxes or so. Good luck with the never-ending search. AMC
 
Sweet finds. How many boxes of each type have you searched altogether?

-Codes
 
So far Ive searched roughly 25,000 pennies, $400 nicks and prolly30 boxes of dimes maybe. Ive tried quarters but cant find sh*t. I also tried the halves but again to no avail. Plus the nazi teller charges me to order the box. NO THANKS. I strike out alot with the ikes but one time I got 27 from a clueless teller who thought they were 'Kennedy' dollars. Most tellers hoard them. I started coin rollhunting after I went to McDonalds and got $.15 change and I wound up with a 53 rosie and a 1941 Nick. I shouldve bought all of the change in the drawer in retrospect.
 
Silver Sniper said:
So far Ive searched roughly 25,000 pennies, $400 nicks and prolly30 boxes of dimes maybe. Ive tried quarters but cant find sh*t. I also tried the halves but again to no avail. Plus the nazi teller charges me to order the box. NO THANKS. I strike out alot with the ikes but one time I got 27 from a clueless teller who thought they were 'Kennedy' dollars. Most tellers hoard them. I started coin rollhunting after I went to McDonalds and got $.15 change and I wound up with a 53 rosie and a 1941 Nick. I shouldve bought all of the change in the drawer in retrospect.
I'm curious as to why people collect the Ike's? I've picked up a couple hundred this year and kept maybe 20 nice clad examples. The rest I love to spend at the drive-thru's. Funny watching the reactions! AMC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom