What's new

Mercury Dime/Wheat penny Trick Coin?

IndianaHunter27

Full Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2015
Messages
221
Reaction score
141
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for an hour and a half hunt today at a local park, got a strange signal and was suprised to find a Mercury dime in the hole, the back was kinda dark but I put it away until I got home, when I looked at it again, I realized why the reverse was so dark, somehow someone ground down a wheat penny and slabbed the back of it onto the merc! I think it was meant to be a trick coin, any other ideas? Oh yeah, also got my first buff today:thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    242.8 KB · Views: 158
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    447.4 KB · Views: 168
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 158
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    476.7 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 22
Welcome to Tnet from an Ohio coin shooter. Congrats on pulling your first buffalo and that other cool unique coin.
 
Well thanks, I appreciate it!
 
cool trick coin. congrats on the first buff.
 
Yeah thanks for that video, I've also found a magicians coin coin roll hunting,
 
Yeah thanks for that video, I've also found a magicians coin coin roll hunting,

I guess I can say it's like getting a Hobo Nickel up here, it's not going to happen. It's a different find and that's what cool about it, nice going once again.
 
Welcome to TNet and congrats on your first Buffalo and that trick coin is awesome!
 
That Merc/Wheat is a special find indeed ! Wow .
 
now I have to add another item to my bucket list...cool find
 
Thanks for the video. That is a super find on the back end of an odd signal
 
Can you imagine? If they had used a 1916 Merc to make that coin!?!? LOL

Nice!
 
That's a really cool find! Congratz on it and your first Buffalo!
 
Yeah thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom