Merry Christmas Angelo (WINNER OF FREE DETECTOR)

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christmas is all about giving and reflecting on how fortunate we are. In the spirit of the holidays, Max's Metal Detectors will give away 1 metal detector to the person who shares the most genuine memory of or reason for metal detecting activities. Your story should be true and from the heart!
I appreciate everyone's buisness and the trust and confidence that you place in me every day. I know that many of you know of someone who really would like to get into detecting. It could be a kid down the road, a family member, someone you work with or just that one person it would make a difference to!
:icon_santa: :icon_santa: :icon_santa:
I am a Whites, Fisher, Garrett,Tesoro, and Teknetics Dealer, therefore the detector will be one of these brands, new in the box, with a digger and pouch!
My Wife and sons will read the letters and pick the most touching one they feel should be the recipient.

God bless everyone and have a Merry Christmas!!!! :icon_santa:

Max @ Max's Metal Detectors this will end 12/17/10Hi my name is Angelo I have been into metal detecting on and off for the past 5 years. Im going to be doing some metal detecting with my 8 year old son this summer I'm getting him his own detector. My story is i just lost my 4 year old nephew this past friday from the H1N1 virus he also got an pneumonia and infection in his lungs, he fought for 3 weeks first on a ventilator then on a ecmo machine but lost the fight. My family is devastated over the loss of such a young and innocent child. Instead of planning Christmas we had to plan a funeral. His 7 year old brother lost his best friend and cant understand why. We are going to be strong and get past this loss with time but we will never forget him. It would be great if my brother in law had a metal detector so he and his son can come detecting with us. Not only would they spend time together it would also keep their minds occupied.

Happy Holidays Angelo.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Merry Christmas! FREE detector "only one" Please read

This is going to be fun to watch!!! Chug

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I can't wait to see some of the stories

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

A very Merry Christmas gesture,Max.Thank you for a great opportunity for ,I hope,a real deserving person that maybe it will put a smile and a little joy in their life. :thumbsup:

darkwing_66

Jul 10, 2010
northern alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer2 tesoro tejon

hi max
so cool of you, your the best. cant wait to see the story that wins.. merry christmas and god bless you and your family dennis

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

I would love to have a metal detector for my family, but I don't really have a story to tell other than I have 6 kids and we all like coming to this site and seeing everything folks post on here. I found this site last year by searching for arrowheads forums and quickly got interested in the detecting side of the forum, and we decided that we were definately going to have to invest in a detector some day. We have a lot going on here and someday keeps getting pushed further down the road. I had a little experience with detecting in the 80s when I was a kid though. I bought a cheap gold mountain detector with grass cutting money and used it for a while then something went wrong with it and I think I traded it for something. My wife and kids and I love finding and searching for stuff esp. arrowheads and I have a couple teenagers who would really get into detecting given the chance. I think your offering this chance to someone is just great. It's nice to see folks with that kind of generosity. Picture below...oldest son and oldest daughter digging for points.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

I am the same really, I don't have a story to tell as such. I am a comparative new comer to TN, and for a long while I was just reading the posts. I was almost too scared to write one myself because I am not a detecorist, and I do not own a metal detector. Most of my finds are from garage sales, or thrift shops. But still that didn't stop me from enjoying and listening to the stories of members finds. Eventually I got the courage to start posting, I found that I could add my limited knowledge to quite a few threads. But I stray a little from my story. There is one member on TN who unbeknowns to her, gave me the courage to start writing some posts. I noticed that she was always kind and caring. She was totally unselfish in giving her time to both her community and to her husband, who has been seriously ill. I felt that she would do almost anything to help someone, and expect nothing in return. Her faith in God is unquestionable, and I am sure it has helped here thru many difficult times.

Recently, amongst all of her good deeds, she let her husband give away his old car in order to help a community nurse. Would'nt it be so so nice if we gave this lovely lady a brand new detector. An award for all of her kind and unselfish "good deeds".

Do I need to name this lady? I bet you will realize who I am talking about...her name is Texastee. So from across "the pond" I would like to nominate her for your kind offer of a new detector.

OP
OP
saltwater_max

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

saltwater_max said:
Christmas is all about giving and reflecting on how fortunate we are. In the spirit of the holidays, Max's Metal Detectors will give away 1 metal detector to the person who shares the most genuine memory of or reason for metal detecting activities. Your story should be true and from the heart!
I appreciate everyone's buisness and the trust and confidence that you place in me every day. I know that many of you know of someone who really would like to get into detecting. It could be a kid down the road, a family member, someone you work with or just that one person it would make a difference to!
I am a Whites, Fisher, Garrett,Tesoro, and Teknetics Dealer, therefore the detector will be one of these brands, new in the box, with a digger and pouch!
My Wife and sons will read the letters and pick the most touching one they feel should be the recipient.

Max @ Max's Metal Detectors this will end 12/17/10
You may post your story here or Email me at [email protected]

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

saltwater_max said:
saltwater_max said:

You may post your story here or Email me at [email protected]

Great idea Max, some people will feel ashamed to write their story. Glad you thought of it to use your e-mail so these people who write their story will only be seen by you if it's their choice. Merry Christmas Everyone. Charlie

Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv

Hello
My Name Is Michael Im 49 Years Old And Relatively New To Metal Detecting
Why I Choose The Hobby Is Because My Older Brother And I Lived Close By
And We Both Went Through Lung Cancer Together Shame He Lost His Battle
He Was a Fighter And Was Dearly Loved And Will Be Missed

At My Brothers Funeral a Neices Cousin Is Married To a Marine
Whom Has Been Wounded In Combat In The Last 20 Years
We Both Need A New Hobby As He Will Soon Be Retireing From Active Duty
And I Have Been Planning On Takeing Him with Me On a Couple
Hunts When He Returns Home In The Spring Of 2011

And I Dont Want Him To Worry About Not Haveing a Detector To Go Out With
And Im Sure This Will Be Great Way For Family To Stay In Touch As We Will Be Takeing
3 Of My Neices 7 Great Neices And Nephews And Our Own Kids On These Hunts When Possable
Imagine The Joy That Will Be On Theses Kids Faces When They Find Some Coins
And History And Family Outtings

Good Luck To Many Others Too :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

me and my father fmerg have always spent alot of time together in our lives wither its been throwing tomahawks, fishing, or rock climbing, to now metal detecting we have always been really close as father and son but mostly of all close friends. he's always been there for me and he's always supported what i choose to do with a smile and ambition in recent times i have become less active detecting wither its because its cold or my gf or my minelabs getting shaky and starting to fail and i cant afford to replace parts or things like that. i have learned everythign ive ever needed to know from my dad (correction i learned how to cast a baitcaster from somebody else) and we've always been close you can read many old posts of his saying how him and his son went out that day i normally dont find much because the machines shaky and im way to adhd to stay in a straight line when by myself on one side of a field making it boring to me because things are wrong with my machine so i mostly hang around pops waiting for him to uncover something and go wth is this so i can id it for him thats my fav part although it is boring sometimes that i never go whats this when i dig something as its mostly trash im not trying to write a sap story or anything else id just like to get a new machine so i can see dads face when it shows up and i can tell him once the ice thaws we're going out to test it i cant buy him anything for christmas so i figured this is worth a shot the mans not getting any younger lol

OzarkTom

Greenie
Jun 21, 2008

Great gift from one of the most honest and nicest dealers in this business.
Merry Christmas Max!!!!!

beep-beep

Jan 14, 2010
North Carolina , Bertie
Detector(s) used
BH-Quick Silver,Ace 250,BH pinpointer and the DetectorPRO Pistol PROBE

I stated metal detecting about a year ago when I got one for Christmas. I remember my first find a rusty nail I still have it, and still think about it when I find nails now. Anyway what stands out in my mind is this guy I met while metal detecting

There is a home for special children on some old farmland by my house. I hunt there a lot to save time. When I first starting Metal detecting I was on my own but after a few hunts one guy came over and said, I been watching you and wanted to know what I was doing. Well I showed him what a Metal detector was and what it did. So he was down behind me the whole time just looking. The next time I went before I could start here he comes. After walking around some time he asked could he dig in the ground. I let him dig the targets he was so happy to find old nails and rusted pieces of nothing. So next time, I let him try and swing the Metal detecting some. He was having some much fun he did not won’t to go eat lunch and I had to tell him I had to go. So every time I go there he hunts with me. Later he asks to use my Metal detector I told him I needed it but I would let him use one of my pinpoints. Next time I saw him he had a lot of old metal and a few coins. The lady at the home said he goes all over the yard finding stuff with that thing I gave him. I think this has done more good for me than it did him. It brings a smile to my face because every time we find anything he runs back to the home to show everyone. He does this 15 or 20 times each hunt. Every find for him is like the first time. I have Bounty hunter Quicksilver and the ace 250 so I cannot get anymore but if I have a new one then I would give him the Bounty hunter. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
saltwater_max

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

saltwater_max said:

Ending Soon!!!

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Merry Christmas! Winner will be announced once I have contacted them!

i didnt get a pm yet so i dont think me lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread