Metal arrowhead, flint scraper or preform.

flier

Jul 26, 2010
Liberal, KS
Went metal detecting in a pasture last Sunday in far SW corner of Kansas near Oklahoma state line.
First find was this metal arrowhead just laying on top of the ground. We are in a 5 year long drought and I guess the soil erosion and wind exposed it.
My second find was the scraper or a perform for a arrowhead. I think it is flint but it dose seem like a course form of material, not like some of the dense and smooth flint I have found. This was found on top of the ground about a half mile from the first find.
Also dug a couple of bullets. The big one looks like a steel jacketed slug.
I have found a small number of flint arrowheads over the years but the steel arrowhead is a first and the neatest find.

Attachments

• DSC01367.jpg
    DSC01367.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC01369.jpg
    DSC01369.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find Flier! I have a trade arrow point that my grandpa found in a field along the Big Caney River(near the Okla/Kansas border). He also found some rolled metal tinkler's in that same field.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The native americans when first contacted used their technology and all these new modern materials and made what they knew how. They even took broken skillets and fashioned points and if I am not mistaken there were steel trade points as well as axes. Found in association with the quartz points I would say nice find there. I have always wanted to find one and it makes sense in your area.
Hope you fared well in the storms.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]Metal arrowhead, flint scraper or preform.[/h]
Went metal detecting in a pasture last Sunday in far SW corner of Kansas near Oklahoma state line.
First find was this metal arrowhead just laying on top of the ground. We are in a 5 year long drought and I guess the soil erosion and wind exposed it.
My second find was the scraper or a perform for a arrowhead. I think it is flint but it dose seem like a course form of material, not like some of the dense and smooth flint I have found. This was found on top of the ground about a half mile from the first find.
Also dug a couple of bullets. The big one looks like a steel jacketed slug.

***********I have found a small number of flint arrowheads over the years but the steel arrowhead is a first and the neatest find.**************

I agree a very nice find!​

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET!
That's an exceptional find! :notworthy: You just don't find those everyday. Great Find! :icon_thumleft:. Hope it is okay to post one that I found 16 years ago.

Attachments

• folder 2 016.JPG
    folder 2 016.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''BUMP''

I personally believe that ''flier's'' metal trade point deserves a little more reconition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread