Metal detecting with my pinpointer at the park

Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I detected the park with only my pinpointer.
Pennies: 1972, 1979, 2016, 2016
Quarter: 1995
Nickel: 1964 (oldest so far)
Dime: 2013
Chuck e cheese token: 2003
Junk ring
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 13
OP
OP
E
Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry two of the same pics showed up.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool ,I've taken my to the park and looked around while the kids play.never found much looks like you did pretty good.

mglentz4125

Dec 27, 2016
Harbor Springs, MI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. Don't know if i could have the patience to hunt that way.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the finds!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Often thought of doing this to keep a low profile at sites where detecting is not prohibited but you don't want to bring attention to yourself for a variety of reasons. I've found that the digging tool and target recovery often bring more attention from bystanders than the detector itself.

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, hadn't thought about going stealth. Looks like it worked for you!:icon_thumright:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
That's really cool! Well done.

Imagine if you could swing a fully capable detector over that park. look's super promising.

And with the patience of a saint micro-detecting has arrived! :laughing7:

OP
OP
E
Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mostly hit the areas where the kids play the most and where the mulch piles up.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Often thought of doing this to keep a low profile at sites where detecting is not prohibited but you don't want to bring attention to yourself for a variety of reasons. I've found that the digging tool and target recovery often bring more attention from bystanders than the detector itself.

Imagine a stand-alone wireless discriminating pinpointer and how great that would be!

All kinds of day and nighthawking could get done. Tape it to an ankle...fugedaboutit. :nono:

First manufacture to put out to market gets the lion's share. :skullflag:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt.....parks with the huge OLD trees, you can do what I call 'stump bumping' checking in close to the tree with the pin pointer...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Deft Tones, I hear the idea for a new product there, body-worn pinpointer. Could even take it to body-worn detector but going stealth could throw off some of the looky-loos! Change from a Lesche to a regular trowel and hit mainly the loose stuff and probably get by with no one really paying much attention.I like eastcoast's idea and have a few kid's parks like that to search and could do better than the tabs, bottlecaps and foil i've found so far. Worth giving a shot!

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've thought of doing this before but never acted. Once went with my daughter to the park and eyeballed a few coins in the tot lot, but I'd be sure to have more success that way!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine a stand-alone wireless discriminating pinpointer and how great that would be!

All kinds of day and nighthawking could get done. Tape it to an ankle...fugedaboutit. :nono:

First manufacture to put out to market gets the lion's share. :skullflag:

DT - I see where you are going with this, and yes, I will say it again, a certain French company blew it! Lol.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the patience of Job buddy. Nice recoveries. I can see doing this in the water but, I'd get too restless on land. Of course that might change if I actually found a keeper coin or relic.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I crawl on my hands and knees and get into those places other cant with a coil. Super fun hunt that way. The TRX is very deep when you can run it wide open. The garrets will let you retun right up next to a iron pole. If your not using a pp for the tot lots your missing stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread