Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's official,, The Treasure Gods determined that it was time for me to recover my own Metal Detecting Badge.
Yesterday, I spent 4 hours searching a lawn that is located directly across from some buildings that were built in the 1920's.
I have found a concentration of silver coins on previous trips. The area where I located the silver was approximately 200 ft.
by 50 ft. Although I did recover 8 Wheat Pennies, I may have depleted this area of silver because I came away Silverless.
A pleasant surprise was when I dug up The Official Metal Detecting Badge. I feel Honored.
My finds for the day were:5q, 7d, 4n, 18 memorials, 8 wheat pennies, (41, 44(3), 45, 46, 49, and one that is toasted. )
I also recovered 4 slugs, a Korvettes Tag, a mangled toy truck, 2 spoons, (one is marked "Hollywood Silver Plate"), a brass bell, and of course my Official Metal Detector Badge.
IMG_2294.JPG IMG_2292.JPG IMG_2293.JPG

Upvote 11

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATW, you are the "Doctor of Dirt Diving," the "Physician of Soil Fishin'," the "MD of MD'ing!" Cool stuff! Sub 8-)

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I like that!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marcus Welby just called and he wants his badge back. Congrats on getting out yet again rescuing all those items. You've got to be way over $500 in face value for the seasons coin yield.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your brass bell looks like the bell for a phone ringer based on my 34 years with the phone company. Congrats on a good hunt, even though there is no silver. Sometimes it can be hard to come by.
It's official,, The Treasure Gods determined that it was time for me to recover my own Metal Detecting Badge.
Yesterday, I spent 4 hours searching a lawn that is located directly across from some buildings that were built in the 1920's.
I have found a concentration of silver coins on previous trips. The area where I located the silver was approximately 200 ft.
by 50 ft. Although I did recover 8 Wheat Pennies, I may have depleted this area of silver because I came away Silverless.
A pleasant surprise was when I dug up The Official Metal Detecting Badge. I feel Honored.
My finds for the day were:5q, 7d, 4n, 18 memorials, 8 wheat pennies, (41, 44(3), 45, 46, 49, and one that is toasted. )
I also recovered 4 slugs, a Korvettes Tag, a mangled toy truck, 2 spoons, (one is marked "Hollywood Silver Plate"), a brass bell, and of course my Official Metal Detector Badge.
View attachment 1238507 View attachment 1238508 View attachment 1238509

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great digs.... yea, the badge is neat. I think every detector needs to find one to be legit like you.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ATW NICE BUNCH OF FINDS .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread