What's new

Small lead envelope?

menotomymaps

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
271
Reaction score
68
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a house built in 1792 in Massachusetts.
It is like a little lead envelope.
Haven't tried to see what's inside it yet because I want to carefully open it when I get back home.
Any idea what it is?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0751.webp
    IMG_0751.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0750.webp
    IMG_0750.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0749.webp
    IMG_0749.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0748.webp
    IMG_0748.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 4
Looks like a pinched off piece of tubing. Is it lead or tin?
 
It is very soft, so lead I think.
The bottom of it is sealed, and the top is like a little flap.
 
Perhaps someone cut a piece of lead tubing with an ax to have it fit a ladle?
 
Just some cut of old lead plumbing pipe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom