Jimmy(PA)
Sr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Has anyone noticed that in the last 20 or so years there has really been a standstill on depth? One of the deepest machines I've owned was the CZ7 and the CZ series came out, what 20 years ago? Ya some newer machines might get an inch or two more nowadays though I havnt seen much increase in the Explorers and machines i've used since. Why cant they make a detector that will easily hit a coin at 2ft? I would think the technology is there if they need it? I know some people say they wouldnt dig 2ft for a dime, but I sure would like to have that option at an old site.
I dont even need correct id at 2 foot, as far as im concerned if somethings 2ft at an old site im digging anyways. 
I dont even need correct id at 2 foot, as far as im concerned if somethings 2ft at an old site im digging anyways.
By the end of the 70's (scarcely 5 years later), VLF/TR was all-the-rage. All of the sudden you could get fabulous depth with VLF all-metal, and pass foil and tabs for the first time! Then fast forward only a year or two to the very late '70s and early '80s, and guys started showing up with motion discriminators, and all of the sudden, the depth a person could get in disc. mode doubled (when compared to TR disc.)! Fast forward a mere few years, and the sweep speed was slowed down, TID was appearing, and once again, everyone raced to these new advantages! The depth, TID, and swing speed, and other bells and whistles kept increasing every few years.






