What's new

metal wheel thing

Boomdeyada

Full Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2010
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
The lady I bought my land from years and years ago, said I could have this as I thought it was very neat. The homestead goes back to the late 1700s Central Texas.
However I have not a clue as to what it is or what it was used for.

From outer wheel to outer wheel its 19.25”
From inner where to inner wheel its 13”
The shaft in the middle that has the wood under it is 33”
From outer hub to outer hub is 30.50”

On just one of the wheels the wheel has holes in it, the other wheel has no holes. I thought that was odd that one would and one would not.

Please check out all the pictures. I would love to know what this thing is as I have had it for years.
Thanks
004.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

013.jpg
 
Thanks for all of your replies, This thing could be a number of things. Just that everything I have seen so far is not a match,
I have been around the net a few times and nothing matches. I may never know. :dontknow:
For sure its some sort of farm equipment. I think ??? I will keep looking :read2:
Thanks :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Boom ~

Did you check it "closely" for numbers? Sometimes what appear to be insignificant numbers can often be a clue. If it's a late 1800s impliment, and patented, the patent numbers will start with a zero, followed by six other numbers.

For example ... 0123456 is for an 1872 item.

Thanks.

SBB
 
Upvote 0
Boomdeyada,is it possible to knock off some rust, and see if there is some writing
or #s, here are some trademarks for old farm implements,and machinery several
pgs with imgs

http://tinyurl.com/4xa6coj
 
Upvote 0
Thanks great idea, I will see if I can find some numbers! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom