What's new

Meteorite or Iron ore.

Mine Shaft

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2017
Messages
1,299
Reaction score
1,971
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi members, I was prospecting digging on my claim when I noticed this small rock looked out of place so I picked it up and thought that's a lot of weight for a small stone so I brought it home lol. It is Highly magnetic and weigh's 3.46OZ dimensions are 1 3/4" X 1 1/2" X 1" it has a lot of small sparkly specs all over it. Thanks for any feed back.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260108_203527134.MACRO_FOCUS.webp
    PXL_20260108_203527134.MACRO_FOCUS.webp
    889.7 KB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20260108_203447721.MACRO_FOCUS.webp
    PXL_20260108_203447721.MACRO_FOCUS.webp
    838.2 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20260108_203645627.MACRO_FOCUS.webp
    PXL_20260108_203645627.MACRO_FOCUS.webp
    628.4 KB · Views: 39
Call or take it to your closest college lab to have them exam it for you ! I have done this here in Missouri and they told me it was a pleasure to give it the once over ! Something different to do for a chang ! It appears to me it is a Stoney Iron sample ! Try a magnet on it , it should help to I.D. it !
 
I did put a magnet to it and it attracted to it hard lol.
 
Cool find. Good luck with the ID.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom