Micro Hunting Today

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Micro Hunting today seemed to work well when going slower that usual... Hunted an area not to big around 200 feet long x 75 feet wide with my good friend Leprechaun
we both scored some silvers that had been left by others as we could tell they had been there recently by the holes out in the water... Taking your time and not moving your feet pays off... Seated dime and 2 barbers attest to this method today... Smaller rings will often show up too... Good Luck Hunting... Whydah... Micro Hunting (1).JPG Micro Hunting (2).JPG Micro Hunting (3).JPG Micro Hunting (4).JPG Micro Hunting (5).JPG Micro Hunting (6).JPG

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul Whydah, some great looking treasure...again!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Nice haul Whydah, some great looking treasure...again!! :icon_thumleft:
Here is a great tip for all of us to adhere by... If you are listening to the threshold and it goes away...DIG...most times it will turn out to be a coin or a good target...shhhh don't tell to many folks ...lolol Please don't get confused by nulling....noise on either side of object is a good signal...DIG EVERYTHING

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Here is a great tip for all of us to adhere by... If you are listening to the threshold and it goes away...DIG...most times it will turn out to be a coin or a good target...shhhh don't tell to many folks ...lolol Please don't get confused by nulling....noise on either side of object is a good signal...DIG EVERYTHING

Well, since you are giving out tips....... did you change up machines for the micro hunt OR did you two stay with the 3030's?
Some nice oldies in the pictures.. nice work!

Cliff

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well, since you are giving out tips....... did you change up machines for the micro hunt OR did you two stay with the 3030's?
Some nice oldies in the pictures.. nice work!

Cliff
still swinging the 3030. If it's not broken no sense in trying to fix it.... I love the minelab CTX3030

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Now you have my attention! I'm using the excal 2........ your saying any of the nulls you dig?

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on another good hunt. I read alot about how the 3030 is a great machine, but won't stand up to the salt water. I was wondering if you hunt deeper water with the 3030 where the unit is submerged?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have experienced this a few times with wide open screen (except small lower right corner) but had no reading whatsoever. Will have to try it next time! Cheers

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Whydah, you are an amazing hunter!

Congrats on all that silver!

Lorraine

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Now you have my attention! I'm using the excal 2........ your saying any of the nulls you dig?
No what I am saying that if it makes a noise on both sides of an object and nulls in the center I dig... If I get a non repeatable sound I move on...

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congrats on another good hunt. I read alot about how the 3030 is a great machine, but won't stand up to the salt water. I was wondering if you hunt deeper water with the 3030 where the unit is submerged?
hope I don't jinx myself here, but I use the CTX in water everyday, never had any water issues yet... I submerse it totally all the time... Its only good to around 10 feet anyway, unlike the Excal that's good to over 150 feet... two different animals...

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Whydah, you are an amazing hunter!

Congrats on all that silver!

Lorraine
Thanks Lorraine, coming from you that's a great compliment... you are the Queen of treasure hunting in your area... Hope your doing well.. Wish we had gotton together... Maybe over the Winter. Say hello to Hank...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread