May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the field we did for about 1.5 hours on Friday. Mostly buttons & lead but as its our second best field for Sceats, so we decided to grid on today. Also the conditions are perfect with the Wheat only just showing & lots of recent rain.

3 Scrappies
1 Lead Token
1 Tudor Button
1 18th C Military Pewter Button (can't see the Reg No. in the centre):sadsmiley:
Livery Button - Winged Spurs
Medieval Dagger Chape
Nice Buckle
Scrap Silver
Copper Core of a Imitation Saxon Sceat Update -mule of Series G with Series J, Type 36 :icon_thumright:
Cut hammered 1/2 of Henry III
I got a very Extremely Rare Scottish brass farthing of James III, books in VF at over £500!:icon_thumright: See a worst one for $500:
https://www.yorkcoins.com/sz116_-_s...460-1488),_brass_farthing,_0_34g_,_type_i.htm

Dad on the way back to the car got another first - Henry VIII Halfpenny (not rare but we need one):thumbsup:

So for only 3.5 hours we had another good day.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 8
Nice one Cru, think the star is the James 111 :thumbsup:. Had a good result yesterday, managed to clean a very rare Yorkshire 17th century token. Could easily have destroyed it.

God your really hard up for sites :laughing7: the sceat looks a little like a continental type, it's not a porcupine forgery is it.:dontknow: I agree with Rob the James is a great find.. A Good day.:thumbsup:

SS

God your really hard up for sites :laughing7: the sceat looks a little like a continental type, it's not a porcupine forgery is it.:dontknow:

SS

It's one of my shortlist guesses, but I will wait on the Fitz, & start looking if they fail. It's a tough one.

Very nice day out for you today, the James is a great looking silver, though there's nothing shabby about the half penny either. Congrats on the find of the day!

Great finds. What's the silver boomerang looking item with the hallmarks on it?

Those are absolutely fantastic finds. The James III is incredible. First one I've seen posted.

BIG congratulations, my friend.

Regards,

Buck

Wow that Jamesiii is a beauty. Great hunt Cru

Last edited:
Great finds. What's the silver boomerang looking item with the hallmarks on it?

Corner of a small picture frame or went on an old leather book, or such.

Sorry, I should have said, the 'Extremely Rare' Jame III is brass, look at this one that sold for nearly $500!!!
https://www.yorkcoins.com/sz116_-_scotland,_james_iii_%281460-1488%29,_brass_farthing,_0_34g_,_type_i.htm

Thanks for correcting me Cru, I should of paid a more attention on the coinage. Yes now reading up a bit it's an Extremely Rare example of a brass James III, it's got some pretty good detail on the coin looking at the images on PAS, congrats on the find!
Also nice one on the Imitation Sceat core another coin that I haven't seen posted up, so it was a day of different coinage for sure.

Thanks for correcting me Cru, I should of paid a more attention on the coinage. Yes now reading up a bit it's an Extremely Rare example of a brass James III, it's got some pretty good detail on the coin looking at the images on PAS, congrats on the find!
Also nice one on the Imitation Sceat core another coin that I haven't seen posted up, so it was a day of different coinage for sure.

I think this is about the 3rd or 4th copper core sceat I have posted. This is the second from this field. So there must have been a fair few imitations about at this time. Although they are all still extremely rare, the last one was the only core of its type recorded & this unusual mule is probably in the same bracket.

Update;

3 scrappies added to top.

The British Museum are very interested in the cut half Roman Coins, so although scrappy, 1 at least was significant.

Wow - that's a major pile of finds for such a short hunt. You guys did quite well on the coins - those are some nice, early hammereds.

Crusader, I'm always amazed. You just operate on a completely different level and I always look forward to what you're finding. Cheers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back