Midnight hunt and the Boogey man.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well after a lonnngg day watching the kids yesterday I decided I was going on a night hunt. I had my little guy at the park earlier in the day and I saw a bunch of people using the sand volleyball pit and that is always good for a find or two. Well my wife got home around 8:15 PM and I told her I was thinking about going out for an hour or two. Of course she was really happy that I had made those plans, NOT. ;)

But I was not going to be detered. So I headed off to the park and of course there were peope still playing volleyball so I decided to walk around the park and see what I could find.

I found an item that says AUTOMATIC EAGLE PENCIL CO USA on the top. It was in one piece until I got it home and tried today to clean it a little with some steel wool and broke the end off. :( >:( :( There is still a pencil inside of it! Found a few odd coins and some trash and then someone pulled up and got out of there car and started walking toward me. I had my headlight on and my little eagle with me so I angled my light down a little and stood up and spun my shovel in my hand letting the light reflect off of it. I guess he thought better of approaching me and he went back to his car and got in and drove off. I thought I was safe until I heard a noise straight from the bowels of HELL! :o I looked up and saw a sight that made my blood run cold. :o Coming down the road at incredible unbelievable speed was a flaming chariot from the darkness! Flames and sparks were shooting everywhere and the roar was deafening even through the headphones I was wearing!! :o Just then the monstrosity came to a screeching halt with half the Cape Girardeau Police Department following behind and I heard a door open. I couldn't keep my self from shaking and the sweat on the back of my neck froze. I heard the thump thump of two feet and then a voice that I will never forget! A voice that will haunt my nightmares forever! Hey LD what ya doin? It was Baldingboy! ;D :D

After BB convinced the police that his breaks had went out and that was why he couldn't stop and he ran over the playground equipment to blow out his tires and get his truck to stop, they gave him a whole ticket book full of tickets and impounded his vehichle! He grabbed his detector and stuff out of the back and watched as they towed away his treasure hunting vehichle.

We spent the next little while detecting and didn't find much. We then decided to go to a property owned by the hospital we work for that we have permission to hunt and we hunted until Midnight. Actually I hunted until Midnight. BB was still there after I left. I called a buddy of mine at the police station and convinced him to loose the tickets and the ledger entry on the treasure vehichle and BB and I went to get it. When I left BB he was still hunting treasure along the sidewalk. I did manage to find a 53 wheat, a piece of jewlery made out of copper or brass? A padlock and some other items along with a few modern coins. I made myself use only the beast lastnight and the Sunray and I am getting better with both.

Attachments

• eap.JPG
    eap.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 910
  • pco.JPG
    pco.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 913
  • loop.JPG
    loop.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 897
  • inloop.JPG
    inloop.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 897
  • bw.JPG
    bw.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 896
  • maf.JPG
    maf.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 898
  • allstuff.JPG
    allstuff.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 905
  • 53.JPG
    53.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 901
Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
LMFAO!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

What a great story!!!

A whole ticket book of fines... LMAO...

Oh yea... great stuff you dug too... :D

I spit coffee out my nose when I read that...

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Great digs and story :) It is always good to have friends that know the right people ;) BB looks so sweet and innocent >> I bet this experience caused him to have nightmares :-\ Poor guy !!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I swear! What are we gonna do with you boys? :o I hope to heck you live in a v-e-r-y small town! :D

wish i could have been there... 8) Nice load of junk... HH!

Noodle

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Omg. I notice that BB got the detector out of the vehicle before it was towed away - he does have his priorities!

I'd love to hear his version of events, though. BB??

Noodle - it's a college town, about medium sized, I guess. They have to be used to some shenanigans, wouldn't you think?

What a hoot!

HH
Nan

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
mastereagle22 said:
Well after a lonnngg day watching the kids yesterday I decided I was going on a night hunt. I had my little guy at the park earlier in the day and I saw a bunch of people using the sand volleyball pit and that is always good for a find or two. Well my wife got home around 8:15 PM and I told her I was thinking about going out for an hour or two. Of course she was really happy that I had made those plans, NOT. ;)

But I was not going to be detered. So I headed off to the park and of course there were peope still playing volleyball so I decided to walk around the park and see what I could find.

I found an item that says AUTOMATIC EAGLE PENCIL CO USA on the top. It was in one piece until I got it home and tried today to clean it a little with some steel wool and broke the end off. :( >:( :( There is still a pencil inside of it! Found a few odd coins and some trash and then someone pulled up and got out of there car and started walking toward me. I had my headlight on and my little eagle with me so I angled my light down a little and stood up and spun my shovel in my hand letting the light reflect off of it. I guess he thought better of approaching me and he went back to his car and got in and drove off. I thought I was safe until I heard a noise straight from the bowels of HELL! :o I looked up and saw a sight that made my blood run cold. :o Coming down the road at incredible unbelievable speed was a flaming chariot from the darkness! Flames and sparks were shooting everywhere and the roar was deafening even through the headphones I was wearing!! :o Just then the monstrosity came to a screeching halt with half the Cape Girardeau Police Department following behind and I heard a door open. I couldn't keep my self from shaking and the sweat on the back of my neck froze. I heard the thump thump of two feet and then a voice that I will never forget! A voice that will haunt my nightmares forever! Hey LD what ya doin? It was Baldingboy! ;D :D

After BB convinced the police that his breaks had went out and that was why he couldn't stop and he ran over the playground equipment to blow out his tires and get his truck to stop, they gave him a whole ticket book full of tickets and impounded his vehichle! He grabbed his detector and stuff out of the back and watched as they towed away his treasure hunting vehichle.

We spent the next little while detecting and didn't find much. We then decided to go to a property owned by the hospital we work for that we have permission to hunt and we hunted until Midnight. Actually I hunted until Midnight. BB was still there after I left. I called a buddy of mine at the police station and convinced him to loose the tickets and the ledger entry on the treasure vehichle and BB and I went to get it. When I left BB he was still hunting treasure along the sidewalk. I did manage to find a 53 wheat, a piece of jewlery made out of copper or brass? A padlock and some other items along with a few modern coins. I made myself use only the beast lastnight and the Sunray and I am getting better with both.

Here is what happened...
I get a call from ME22 and he is weeping uncontrollably. He says, "I am going metal detecting tonight, no matter what my mom...uh... I mean my wife says!" I asked him where he is going and he said to a local park where the fair is held every year. This place is absolutely hammered more than a nail, but I agree to meet him there.

I show up and he is wearing his stadium light on his head, and I had no problem finding him as I could see the beams of light from 10 miles away. They would sway on the horizon one way and then to the other horizon. I followed them until I saw his car. I piled out of my truck (which was properly parked all night - no police involved with anything) and retrieved my detector. I started swinging and he was lamenting the fact that he had not found anything. We agreed to take this show on the road to a better hunt site. I followed him to the hospital property and I can tell you, it was an interesting thing following him. He would race about 900 miles an hour and when he got on a major road, he would drive like a grandpa with one eye and hemorrhoids. About 5 minutes after I arrived at the place, he is standing there all ready to detect and grinning like a possum.

We detected there and I found a 192? something Wheat cent and a very cool paired set of harmonica reeds that were still riveted together. I found some other junk, but I think this place has a lot more in store for us. I would have stayed until the wee hours of the morning detecting, but ME22 starts sobbing like a manic. It had happened! He broke his wife's curfew! I knelt and prayed with him and he then took off like he had been shot in the A$$ with a box of tacks! When he came back for his detector, I told him good luck and told him how to deal with this situation. He told me he doesn't drink, so I sent him on his way. I was surprised to see this post, as I thought he might not make it through this one. He is apparently no less for the experience. I understand he did, however take my advice about the drinking. 8) Please know this....do not believe anything poor Mastereagle22 writes on here. He has a problem with the TRUTH! ;)

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
man you guys sure have some good times out detecting. I knew you guys were a wild bunch but when I learned that you are nurses I really understand just how wild,my wife is an ICU nurse and whenever we all get together its always a riot. You guys have a wonderful town down there. Ive stopped in a few times going down to Memphis. Tons of history with quite a bit of CW activity. There was a little park I remember right on the river Cape something park there is a great overlook there(or used to be) that I bet would be a great spot to hunt,try and check it out and let us know,HH...Shoot

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
shootist said:
man you guys sure have some good times out detecting. I knew you guys were a wild bunch but when I learned that you are nurses I really understand just how wild,my wife is an ICU nurse and whenever we all get together its always a riot. You guys have a wonderful town down there. Ive stopped in a few times going down to Memphis. Tons of history with quite a bit of CW activity. There was a little park I remember right on the river Cape something park there is a great overlook there(or used to be) that I bet would be a great spot to hunt,try and check it out and let us know,HH...Shoot

First of all. BB is NOT a nurse. He couldn't handle the stress of the job! ;D :D He claims to work for Information systems, but although I have seen him clock in numerous times, I wouldn't call what he does work. ;) :D ;D As far as Cape being a wonderful town. Yes it is. . . if your are visiting! ;D

Cape Rock Park is still there and I have thought once or twice about going there and swinging a coil but so far I have never made it out there.

Honestly BB is very good at his job but I didn't want you maligning his character thinking he was a nurse. :) :D ;D

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Here is what happened...
I get a call from ME22 and he is weeping uncontrollably.Yes I was because I was actually going to get to metal detect. I was happy. He says, "I am going metal detecting tonight, no matter what my mom...uh... I mean my wife says!" I asked him where he is going and he said to a local park where the fair is held every year. This place is absolutely hammered more than a nail, but I agree to meet him there.I'm not the one that spent all day there after the fair only to come away with a few clad coins, remember, oh yeah and some jewelry. Remember the food and tea I brought you?

I show up and he is wearing his stadium light on his head, and I had no problem finding him as I could see the beams of light from 10 miles away.A man's gotta see what he is digging. Also if I am attacked I can blind my attacker with the light. ;D :D They would sway on the horizon one way and then to the other horizon. I followed them until I saw his car. I piled out of my truck (which was properly parked all night - no police involved with anything) and retrieved my detector. I started swinging and he was lamenting the fact that he had not found anything.Not true at all, you know I had found about a pound of pulltabs! ;D We agreed to take this show on the road to a better hunt site. I followed him to the hospital property and I can tell you, it was an interesting thing following him. He would race about 900 miles an hourMy Honda Accord has problems reaching 70 miles an hour with all the hunting equipment I carry in it. ;) ;D and when he got on a major road, he would drive like a grandpa with one eye and hemorrhoids. About 5 minutes after I arrived at the place, he is standing there all ready to detect and grinning like a possum.

We detected there and I found a 192? something Wheat cent and a very cool paired set of harmonica reeds that were still riveted together. I found some other junk, but I think this place has a lot more in store for us. I would have stayed until the wee hours of the morning detecting, but ME22 starts sobbing like a manic. It had happened! He broke his wife's curfew! I knelt and prayed with him and he then took off like he had been shot in the A$$ with a box of tacks! When he came back for his detector, I told him good luck and told him how to deal with this situation. He told me he doesn't drink, so I sent him on his way.Yeah after you and the Three Amigos almost got our A$$es kicked in Caldwell. Do you THINK I would go to another bar with you. ??? I was surprised to see this post, as I thought he might not make it through this one. He is apparently no less for the experience. I understand he did, however take my advice about the drinking.A little 7&7 never hurt no one. 8) Please know this....do not believe anything poor Mastereagle22 writes on here. He has a problem with the TRUTH! ;) Everyone at work has a saying about BB. "Do you know how to tell if BB is lying? His lips are moving. ;D ;D ;D :D ;)
[/quote]

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Larry, you guys are nuts. If there were an action and adventures in metal detecting book, you guys would definately need to have a chapter in there! :)

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
ME you're a nut.....Always a great story with every hunt. LOL! Great finds....

Hunted with Schloopy and relikhunter this weekend up at KC....Wait until you see the post...!!!!!

Give BB a shout out for me.

RR

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
I am glad I was not drinking coffee.lol
this is great.
Joe

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
ridge_runner said:
ME you're a nut.....Always a great story with every hunt. LOL! Great finds....

Hunted with Schloopy and relikhunter this weekend up at KC....Wait until you see the post...!!!!!

Give BB a shout out for me.

RR

Shout received. How you doin Sarge? I will watch for your post.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are friggin hilarious. Whether or not any protion of those stories is true, they are still the funniest thing I read today......especially the part about running over the playground equipment to blow out his tires. :D :D Keep up the good work .....and the good posts.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks for my dose of giggles today, guys! ;D

Congrats on those finds! ;) Nana

Top Member Reactions