Midnight hunt and the Boogey man.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well after a lonnngg day watching the kids yesterday I decided I was going on a night hunt. I had my little guy at the park earlier in the day and I saw a bunch of people using the sand volleyball pit and that is always good for a find or two. Well my wife got home around 8:15 PM and I told her I was thinking about going out for an hour or two. Of course she was really happy that I had made those plans, NOT. ;)

But I was not going to be detered. So I headed off to the park and of course there were peope still playing volleyball so I decided to walk around the park and see what I could find.

I found an item that says AUTOMATIC EAGLE PENCIL CO USA on the top. It was in one piece until I got it home and tried today to clean it a little with some steel wool and broke the end off. :( >:( :( There is still a pencil inside of it! Found a few odd coins and some trash and then someone pulled up and got out of there car and started walking toward me. I had my headlight on and my little eagle with me so I angled my light down a little and stood up and spun my shovel in my hand letting the light reflect off of it. I guess he thought better of approaching me and he went back to his car and got in and drove off. I thought I was safe until I heard a noise straight from the bowels of HELL! :o I looked up and saw a sight that made my blood run cold. :o Coming down the road at incredible unbelievable speed was a flaming chariot from the darkness! Flames and sparks were shooting everywhere and the roar was deafening even through the headphones I was wearing!! :o Just then the monstrosity came to a screeching halt with half the Cape Girardeau Police Department following behind and I heard a door open. I couldn't keep my self from shaking and the sweat on the back of my neck froze. I heard the thump thump of two feet and then a voice that I will never forget! A voice that will haunt my nightmares forever! Hey LD what ya doin? It was Baldingboy! ;D :D

After BB convinced the police that his breaks had went out and that was why he couldn't stop and he ran over the playground equipment to blow out his tires and get his truck to stop, they gave him a whole ticket book full of tickets and impounded his vehichle! He grabbed his detector and stuff out of the back and watched as they towed away his treasure hunting vehichle.

We spent the next little while detecting and didn't find much. We then decided to go to a property owned by the hospital we work for that we have permission to hunt and we hunted until Midnight. Actually I hunted until Midnight. BB was still there after I left. I called a buddy of mine at the police station and convinced him to loose the tickets and the ledger entry on the treasure vehichle and BB and I went to get it. When I left BB he was still hunting treasure along the sidewalk. I did manage to find a 53 wheat, a piece of jewlery made out of copper or brass? A padlock and some other items along with a few modern coins. I made myself use only the beast lastnight and the Sunray and I am getting better with both.

Attachments

• eap.JPG
    eap.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 911
  • pco.JPG
    pco.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 914
  • loop.JPG
    loop.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 898
  • inloop.JPG
    inloop.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 898
  • bw.JPG
    bw.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 897
  • maf.JPG
    maf.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 899
  • allstuff.JPG
    allstuff.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 906
  • 53.JPG
    53.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 902
Upvote 0
LOL.. always good for a laugh! Keep em coming.

Love it! You guys are a hoot! Looking forward to the next MEBB adventure. ;D

;) RR

River Rat said:
Love it! You guys are a hoot! Looking forward to the next MEBB adventure. ;D

;) RR

We're going tomorrow night and have a WHOLE day planned for this Saturday!!!!!!

LMAO ! very funny story guys i cant wait to read about your next hunt ;)

Baldingboy said:
ridge_runner said:
ME you're a nut.....Always a great story with every hunt. LOL! Great finds....

Hunted with Schloopy and relikhunter this weekend up at KC....Wait until you see the post...!!!!!

Give BB a shout out for me.

RR

Shout received. How you doin Sarge? I will watch for your post.

Hey BB,

Glad you're out of the shackles!!!!! LOL.....

RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back