✅ SOLVED Military Badges & Pins Spear Aztec - Hatchet Cactus Fleur de Les - Need ID

Pocket Change

Apr 21, 2005
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
D-Tex Koin-King

Attachments

• jpg210.jpg
    jpg210.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The final one is the insignia for the 184th Infantry Regiment (Second California). The shield is blue for Infantry; the battle axe was used by the Sarsfield Grenadiers as part of their drill paraphernalia; the giant cactus and the fleur-de-lis represent Mexican Border and World War I service, respectively. The design was approved on 3 June 1927, but the badge won’t necessarily be that old.

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first two (the ones with white Maltese crosses) are frequently misidentified as military, but they're Masonic 'jewels'. Knights Templar membership. They usually date from the 1870s onwards (with many variations) but could be very much more recent than that. If they're good quality, they should have a maker's mark on the back which might help date them.

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other one I can't find. Trying to figure out if the figure represents an Aztec warrior, Centurion, Legionarie etc, I keep coming up blank.......

Me too. Stylistically, I would say the soldier is wearing a moderately accurate representation of a Greek (Phrygian) helmet. I want the blue background to be 'infantry' of some kind, but I just don't recognise the imagery. Assuming it is military, do you think it might relate specifically to some kind of 'guard' unit, given the posture of the soldier?

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guard posture is everything.

:)

:P

***SYMBOL SOUND***

Thank you ... thank you very much.... I will be here all week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The remaining unidentified badge is an obscure one. I think it’s for the Hawaii Army National Guard 298th Regiment. It’s not their official DUI (pictured below) but, given the similarity of the design elements, I’m pretty sure it relates to the regiment in some way.

298th.jpg

From their website: Our mission is to train Soldiers and leaders of the U.S. Army National Guard, Active Duty and Reserves to the standards set forth by the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), to provide them with the resources and knowledge to train to standards and lead effectively in all circumstances, and to provide specific MOS qualifying material and engagement scenarios to support the HIARNG and DOD Unified Land Operations.

Upvote 0

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The remaining unidentified badge is an obscure one. I think it’s for the Hawaii Army National Guard 298th Regiment. It’s not their official DUI (pictured below) but, given the similarity of the design elements, I’m pretty sure it relates to the regiment in some way.

View attachment 1842613

From their website: Our mission is to train Soldiers and leaders of the U.S. Army National Guard, Active Duty and Reserves to the standards set forth by the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), to provide them with the resources and knowledge to train to standards and lead effectively in all circumstances, and to provide specific MOS qualifying material and engagement scenarios to support the HIARNG and DOD Unified Land Operations.

Could be right on track, if not Military maybe JR ROTC or CAP related.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread