What's new

military button?

Dig This

Full Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
126
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
posted this on Todays finds but need to identify so this is the place to be. I have been online for 2 hrs and cannot ind this buttom....Can you help?
 

Attachments

  • horn button front.webp
    horn button front.webp
    61.6 KB · Views: 332
  • horn button back.webp
    horn button back.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 335
  • horn button front.webp
    horn button front.webp
    61.6 KB · Views: 345
  • horn button back.webp
    horn button back.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 333
Looks like a riflemans design, but I can't find it in my books...sorry
 
Upvote 0
Can you tell us what it says? ________INGTON.
 
Upvote 0
tomted62 said:
Looks like a riflemans design, but I can't find it in my books...sorry
fortbball9 said:
I would have to agree with tomted62 ,but I can't find the exact type.Here is a link that shows some
close,scroll down.
However that is a great looking button,I like it :thumbsup:

http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/dragoons.htm

fortbball9
It does resemble rifleman regiment. I wonder if 8 stars has any significance?
 

Attachments

  • button rifle regiment.webp
    button rifle regiment.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0
I think you all are on right track this nice button :thumbsup:

8 stars could indicate it's an earlier button than the 13 star button posted by BCH. Do the stars indicates States?

BCH if that's your 13 star button? That sure is a nice button as well :thumbsup:

Backmark: ___LLINGTON?
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
BCH if that's your 13 star button? That sure is a nice button as well :thumbsup:

Backmark: ___LLINGTON?
The button I pictured is from the link posted.
 
Upvote 0
The back says WELLINGTON. We have been searching all over and we did find the buttons like the ones posted here and cannot find ant with 8 stars and the horn going around the entire button, all that i am getting back in emails is it has to be very rare, Hopefully someone can get an ID.
thanks to all who are trying to help. there are a few posts on Todays finds from SEEKER that shows buttons from the same site it is an old one.
 
Upvote 0
I know nothing about buttons, but as a thought...wasn't South Carolina the 8th state. Could this be a revolutionary war button from SC? Just a thought.
 
Upvote 0
plehbah said:
Could this button be from a pair of War of 1812 themed pajamas?


could be, the button from the fly. I wish it was that easy there are people looking find simuliar ones but not this one then the back markings dont match.
 
Upvote 0
Dig This said:
The back says WELLINGTON. We have been searching all over and we did find the buttons like the ones posted here and cannot find ant with 8 stars and the horn going around the entire button, all that i am getting back in emails is it has to be very rare, Hopefully someone can get an ID.
thanks to all who are trying to help. there are a few posts on Todays finds from SEEKER that shows buttons from the same site it is an old one.

E-mail replies from button experts? I'm just learning about buttons, however the button design does resamble a rifleman button design. Reckon it will be tough to establish whether it's an unknown military/militia button. I did read the SEEKER post and finds at same location appear to support the idea it's a potential military button.

If experts are saying it has to be very rare, then they are not ruling out the idea.
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Dig This said:
The back says WELLINGTON. We have been searching all over and we did find the buttons like the ones posted here and cannot find ant with 8 stars and the horn going around the entire button, all that i am getting back in emails is it has to be very rare, Hopefully someone can get an ID.
thanks to all who are trying to help. there are a few posts on Todays finds from SEEKER that shows buttons from the same site it is an old one.

E-mail replies from button experts? I'm just learning about buttons, however the button design does resamble a rifleman button design. Reckon it will be tough to establish whether it's an unknown military/militia button. I did read the SEEKER post and finds at same location appear to support the idea it's a potential military button.

If experts are saying it has to be very rare, then they are not ruling out the idea.
W&ET magazine is having hard time with exact ID. They are putting it around war of 1812 but thats all we have so far.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom