Military debris

highlander

May 10, 2009
thanks for sharing your finds .i would like too MD WW2 battle sites .but i don't know if i could handle the finding of human remains.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always ,your pictures blow me away!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the remains are of course reported , Im sure. --hopefully dog tags were found to match them up for return to their homeland for "proper military burial"-- by the equiptment found there --it looks to be german remains from the eastern or finnish front ( fins and germans vs russians) or was it from the lapland war -(-fins vs germans?) both "smaller wars" which occured during the time frame of WW2

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Fantastic finds, as always. Im lucky a war has never been fought on Australian soil, Id never get to work.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
which finnish war is the items from? -- #1 the continuation war or #2 the lapland war ? ---from what I understand during the "continuation war" it was the fins and the germans VS the russians -- while the later on lapland war --was the fins VS the germans

Finland during WW2 was caught between two much larger powers (germany and russia)-- however by careful political switching of sides, it was able to carefully "balance" who it was with during the war at various times and thus keep itself a independent nation --

first in the "winter war" -- the fins fought the russians alone -- then when russia was making advances on finland --hilter jumped in on finlands side after he attacked russia * that was the "continuation war" - finally towards the end of WW2 --in the lapland war the fins ltook on the germans --kicking them out of finland .

since germans forces were there during both the "countinuation war " as allies of the fins against the russians --- and the lapland war --as enemies of the fins - I was wondering which time frame the dead and the items were from ? -- were the german dead there "freinds" from the continuation war against russia or "foes" from the lapland war ?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
you must understand -- photos of "dug up" human remains killed in war can be very disturbing to many folks and can give some folks the ideal that we metal detectorist are grave robber type people --- this site normally will not allow photos of dead humans to stay here for viewing because of issues like this (which in this case would be a mistake since he is finding dead german MIA soldiers and they hopefully get returned home to germany for "proper" burial )

OP
OP
KORSU

KORSU

Dec 7, 2007
ОК
will no longer upload photos of human remains /

Mikki

Greenie
Jun 10, 2008
South Finland
ivan salis said:
you must understand -- photos of "dug up" human remains killed in war can be very disturbing to many folks and can give some folks the ideal that we metal detectorist are grave robber type people --- this site normally will not allow photos of dead humans to stay here for viewing because of issues like this (which in this case would be a mistake since he is finding dead german MIA soldiers and they hopefully get returned home to germany for "proper" burial )

"can be very disturbing" What?! Bones are bones, thats it. Every time when Korsu "dug up" bones, theres possibility that he find dogtags too, and may send some MIA to home. His is part of group that find and send home MIAs. In Russia you CAN do some things that you DONT can do in USA. Christ! He is not digging at graveyard. Korsus pictures are taken at Russia and i think that you dont understand culturical differense between Russian and USA. In Russia theres laying bones and stuff top of graund at forests and fealds. Nobady cares.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread