Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed back out to my 1830 CW property again , and found a few goodies again. I gave the shadowbox of relics that I made to the owners. They LOVED it! They said they would be passing it down to their kids. It made me feel good to make the elderly couple happy.
I only searched the side yard and part of the flat field where I scored the Spanish piece a few weeks ago.
My very first signal out in the field was a ring! At first I thought it was a shotgun shell head because it was packed with dirt and solid. Once I popped out the dirt, I saw a split on the thin back area, thought "kids toy ring", and put it into my pouch. It wasn't until I got home and cleaned it that I realized it was some sort of Eagle military ring with gold gilt on it. Yaba-daba-doo!!!
I also found some CW bullets, a button, and a rusty oval shaped something?
On my way home I stopped by to get a bite to eat. The girl at the register was fumbling with making change because she had these two Ike dollars getting in her way. She had no idea what they even were. ;D I gladly took them off her hands. I know they are not silver, but I haven't seen ol' Ike in circulation for a loooooong time. ;)

My finds were:

*A military Eagle ring. I think it is made of copper and was covered with gold gilt.
CAN ANYONE ID THIS ONE? Could it be from the CW era since this in where a battle took place?
Help!

*An 1800's button with a faint back mark. It looks like possibly "PR?TIN" (not sure though)

*One smashed 3-ringer, and one CW bullet (?) that is the largest I've ever found. For size comparison I placed it next to a regular sized 3-ringer like I normally find.
Is this a CW bullet?

*A rusted oval looking piece that I'm hoping is a buckle. I have it in my "relic cooker" right now trying to get it clean. NO, the picture you see is NOT a piece of doo-doo! ;D

*Also pictured are more of my rusty relics waiting to be cleaned up hopefully.

Thanks for looking Folks.
-MM-
Doug

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 659
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 651
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 661
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 657
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 659
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 650
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 662
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 648
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 659
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 659
Upvote 0
O.K. Folks,
I did some electrolysis on the rusty piece that looked like dog doo-doo above. It looked oval in shape, so that is why I kept it. I now think it may be an old CW buckle. A cr-ppy looking one, but one just the same. I do not have any CW buckle backs to look at, so I was hoping someone could tell me if it is or not. You can see a consistant rim around the edge, and what looks like why the hook used to be.
Where buckles made of junk metal back then, or just brass?
Thanks. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If it is a buckle, than it is my first.
-MM-

Attachments

• Rusty Doo-doo.jpg
    Rusty Doo-doo.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 10,292
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 377
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 351
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 363
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 364
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 402
  • Rusty Doo-doo.jpg
    Rusty Doo-doo.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 979
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 412
Wow... looks like a buckle shape.

But man-o-man I cannot help, I am however loking forward to seeing responses.

I hope it is a buckle for you Doug!! ;D

Man, Doug, you sure cleaned all the do-do off of that buckle. I pity the dog that swallowed that one.... ;D ;D

Looks like another keeper to add to your CW collection....hope someone can verify your hypothesis.

Oh, that eagle ring is really cool also. Congrats!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Captn_SE said:
Man, Doug, you sure cleaned all the do-do off of that buckle. I pity the dog that swallowed that one.... ;D ;D

Looks like another keeper to add to your CW collection....hope someone can verify your hypothesis.

Oh, that eagle ring is really cool also. Congrats!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan. Maybe I should have done a doo-doo video? ;D
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back