I found this buckle in Oakdale California I know the area had some military activity. I cannot find this buckle anywhere online can anyone help identify it.
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Ntj! Take a look at Forum: Belgium (Western Europe) and search for information related to your country.
2nd - I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.
Welcome and congrats on finding a beautiful buckle. I see you found it in the "Mother lode" region of the western Sierras. 49ers (The first ones) wore buckles of this style to hold up their work pants. Other, more knowledgeable California diggers will chime in soon. Best of luck and keep hitting that spot hard! Sub
My first thought is civilian, but I won't say I'm 100% sure about that, I do know that it's half of a European style buckle commonly found on sword belts, so I would say to go back and see if the rest of it turns up.
I couldn't find an exact match but it would be similar to this one complete: