Military pins ID

cstottl76

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought these pins at an antique shop years ago. Any idea what they are and how old they are? There is no writing on the backs of any of the pins. I’m a WW2 collector, so if they’re not from WW2 I will likely sell them. Thanks.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569792058.471203.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569792069.584312.jpg

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The 5 star one has me perplexed. The stars aren't oriented correctly to be the rank insignia of a 5 Star General. The crossed rifles insignia looks too well done to me, if that's possible, reason being all the ones I've seen have been flat on the reverse, and the trigger guard filled in. On yours the trigger guard is opened, and it actually looks like they took two rifles and laid them on top of each other. The eagle pin, which is used to represent the rank of Colonel (AKA Full Bird Colonel, Full Colonel, Bird Colonel) doesn't look right and shouldn't have any color in it. Colonel rank is just a Silver Bird. The US Navy heart pin looks like it could be sweetheart piece.

I'm not an expert on US Army insignia, just know enough to be stupid.

A good site to join to get IDs on US Militaria would be the following, there is a ton of knowledgeable people on there.

U.S. Militaria Forum

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Would have gave you better help, but I'm laying in a hospital bed, having just had SI Joint Fusion, and my meds are kicking in making me a bit loopy.

OP
OP
C

cstottl76

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have gave you better help, but I'm laying in a hospital bed, having just had SI Joint Fusion, and my meds are kicking in making me a bit loopy.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you’re doing well! Thanks for all the information, I will definitely check out that forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread