NCHomesteader

Greenie
Feb 26, 2017
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first is with flash on and is a decent rep but the transparency is milky closer to the top and bottom and is clear in the middle. Is this an algae or natural colorization? Green Quartz1.jpg Green Quartz2.jpg
It doesn't appear vivid enough to be emerald and darker than most peridot I have seen. It is brittle, this piece just broke in half when it fell on the floor...what is it?

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try posting down in the Rock forum :) The green is natural but you can test it by putting it in some bleach for an hour. If its organic it will go away but I suspect it wont. Pictures in natural light would help.

Upvote 0

Huntress19

Greenie
Feb 15, 2017
Near Fort Bragg, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1140900 Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointing Metal Detector, Orange
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
NCHomesteader

NCHomesteader

Greenie
Feb 26, 2017
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a thread that I really like and gets a lot of attention...and I'm very curious what your rock is!! I'm in NC also...if you don't get a definitive answer here, there is a guy in Chapel Hill who can tell you what anything is!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/h...ified-post-here-gimme-good-picture-3-4-a.html

Thank you for the link! Be sure to follow up, I am curious to know as well! This part of NC, close to TN and VA(Watauga County) is rich with quartz deposits of varying types (Rose, Smokey, Chrystal Formations, etc) that are somewhat more likely to be found, so this "green quartz" was a neat find!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions