What's new

Millersburg Military Institute

engine 823

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
312
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
I have alot of info for this belt plate such as the history of the school, etc... I was wondering if someone could give me an age for the piece. It has no fasteners on the back and is plain except it is stamped 363 on one end. Thoughts would be appreciated
 

Attachments

  • bb.webp
    bb.webp
    230.9 KB · Views: 773
  • bb.webp
    bb.webp
    230.9 KB · Views: 271
COL C.M. Best established the Millersburg training school in 1893. It was conducted in the old Kentucky Wesleyan buildings. The Kentucky Conference prohibited any boarding until 1898 and it was in this year that Best purchased this building and adjacent property from the Methodist Church.

Best and his wife began at once to improve the buildings and grounds to convert it into a boarding school. The military feature was added and the name changed to Millersburg Military Institute (MMI). From then, until the spring of 1920 when the grounds and buildings were sold to the Bourbon County Board of Education, Best endeavored in every way to maintain a school that would be a credit to himself and those associated with the institute.


http://goarmycadets.com/history-of-millersburg-military-institute.php
 
Upvote 0
Thanks 4-H I had found that site with the info but I think they used the name " Millersburg Military institute " until 2006 when they closed for good and changed to the Army Cadet Corp. I know this is not that new but I was curious just how old it maybe? ::) :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
engine 823 said:
Thanks 4-H I had found that site with the info but I think they used the name " Millersburg Military institute " until 2006 when they closed for good and changed to the Army Cadet Corp. I know this is not that new but I was curious just how old it maybe? ::) :dontknow:

1898-1920. :D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom