OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeez.....I'd just like to talk with a tech if I got an issue....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you can do that anymore High VDI. Maybe a car tech...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Fort Bedford Detectors directly if you cant reach Minelab, that is where repairs are done.

This thread is NOT a thread just to bash Minelab, a supporting vendor here.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
We need to remember back - What? Four years ago when Kellyco was being castrated all over the place referencing Minelab repairs.

Kellyco was devastated in the attacks, and it WAS NOT their fault. They had one and only one Minelab repair technician and he had passed away suddenly. Kellyco took the blame, however, I don't remember Minelab stepping in to help Kellyco to attend to the Minelab issues.

Love my Minelabs, but they really should have stepped up to support Kellyco during that time.

MSpeiser

Nov 5, 2019
NW Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a problem with my wireless button on my Equinox not working. I called Minelab americas in Illinois and spoke with a woman that gave me a RMA number and address in PA to send it. within a weak I had a brand new control head.
A few weeks ago I saw my headphones not charging. Once again I called the Minelab Americas number in Illinois and was given instructions to send them to their location. a week later I got brand new headphones.
I commend them on their service.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a huge problem, as I am now retired and am stuck at home as I physically can't dig as much as I used to. Bummer.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a problem with my wireless button on my Equinox not working. I called Minelab americas in Illinois and spoke with a woman that gave me a RMA number and address in PA to send it. within a weak I had a brand new control head.
A few weeks ago I saw my headphones not charging. Once again I called the Minelab Americas number in Illinois and was given instructions to send them to their location. a week later I got brand new headphones.
I commend them on their service.

That's been my experience also. Quick efficient service.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a huge problem, as I am now retired and am stuck at home as I physically can't dig as much as I used to. Bummer.

Smokey, I understand - personally. There's no sparkling waters with the truth of life in front of us anymore.... I will just bare with it myself on this end. Other ends don't matter so much anymore.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard anything bad about customer service from Minelab, or Garrett, or White's or Tesoro (rest their souls), or XP Deus. Don't know why folks would complain about customer service. My one Tesoro I bought used and sent for a retune and refurbish came back fixed in 10 days for $50. Garrett totally refurbished a pinpointer I sort of left in the Chesapeake Bay for 2 weeks for $50, shipped. The Minelabs and White's I had never broke. I never had a Fisher or Bounty Hunter. I'm still trying to break the Deus.:tongue3:

DeepseekerADS, I'm sitting here waiting for FedEx #2 of the day. Tomorrow when I could go dig, it's going to rain!

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Ya ain't dead Smokey! I know you'll still be posting finds and impressing me for the remainder :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cat has an ear infection, does that count?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cats. After FedEx comes, it's off to the store for more canned food!

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't heard anything bad about customer service from Minelab, or Garrett, or White's or Tesoro (rest their souls), or XP Deus. Don't know why folks would complain about customer service. My one Tesoro I bought used and sent for a retune and refurbish came back fixed in 10 days for $50. Garrett totally refurbished a pinpointer I sort of left in the Chesapeake Bay for 2 weeks for $50, shipped. The Minelabs and White's I had never broke. I never had a Fisher or Bounty Hunter. I'm still trying to break the Deus.:tongue3:

DeepseekerADS, I'm sitting here waiting for FedEx #2 of the day. Tomorrow when I could go dig, it's going to rain!

Can't always believe everything you hear.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little bird told me I should stop buying junk off the internet! I sometimes get snookered! And not on detectors either!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey John, I bought a pair of Wireless earbuds called Sound Peats earlier this year, had a $25 Amazon gift card and thought a back up set of headphones would be a good idea. I’ve never looked back. I have the full ear headphones in my car, but never use them. The Sound Peats provide better more nuanced sound than the stock units, IMHO. FYI, when I had that issue with my 600 I got good customer service when I called the PA tel number direct. No so much luck with the other tel number (Chicago?).

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey John, I bought a pair of Wireless earbuds called Sound Peats earlier this year, had a $25 Amazon gift card and thought a back up set of headphones would be a good idea. I’ve never looked back. I have the full ear headphones in my car, but never use them. The Sound Peats provide better more nuanced sound than the stock units, IMHO. FYI, when I had that issue with my 600 I got good customer service when I called the PA tel number direct. No so much luck with the other tel number (Chicago?).

I know a few people who went that route. I'm actually okay with using the stock headphones and TBH they have LOTS of hours on them! I got a pair of aftermarket phones from the 600 I purchased here on T-net for the meantime. I'm not all bent over my experience with them just a little disappointed since anytime I've called other companies there was someone to talk to.....the whole call you back later thing is tough with work, wife, kids.....and so on as you know I'm sure! Lol. Minelab is the real deal and I'm sure it's just a temporary Snafu.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be patient and stay on it is my advice. It sounds as if most have had their issues resolved.I am betting yours will be as well. Hang in there!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with TNmountains. I think this is over, thankfully. I hate it when folks buy stuff and it's goofed up. Especially pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread