Minelab manticore detector information

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid the metal detector industry will come crashing down one day soon. How many times can you dupe people into paying thousands for basically the same thing with slight upgrades? Apple has a similar strategy. They have managed (so far) to dupe people into buying a new iPhone every six months (at a higher price each time), but phones are a necessity for most people these days. No one needs to buy yet another "best" metal detector to maybe find a few more Mercs every year. As P.T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm afraid the metal detector industry will come crashing down one day soon. How many times can you dupe people into paying thousands for basically the same thing with slight upgrades? Apple has a similar strategy. They have managed (so far) to dupe people into buying a new iPhone every six months (at a higher price each time), but phones are a necessity for most people these days. No one needs to buy yet another "best" metal detector to maybe find a few more Mercs every year. As P.T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute."
Apple only release new models once a year, each model so far has been a significant update.
SO far each year the price has remained the same.

The manitcore has significant updates on EQ800 but price is twice amount, only buyers can decide if its worth the cost to them.

At end of day you have to go over the target and have the skills to set up detector correctly and to use it correctly.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't see it crashing. The market has already corrected, both Tesoro and Whites have folded, and the leaders are stronger. MINELAB sales was up $100 million in 2021 over 2020 and up 42 million over 2019. Profits up in 2021 36% over 2020, and up 26% over 2019. Net profit for 2021 after taxes was $90 million. Their sales and profits have increases every year the last 5 years.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but aren't you a metal detector dealer, Treasure_Hunter? That kind of skews your opinion of this "detector of the month" nonsense that's going on lately. As I've stated before, why would anyone keep upgrading just to find a few more Mercs? You're going to have to find a heck of a lot of silver and gold to get that $1,600 back.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apple only release new models once a year, each model so far has been a significant update.

Incorrect. They have released more than one iPhone a few times over the years and the price has not stayed the same. Google it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but aren't you a metal detector dealer, Treasure_Hunter? That kind of skews your opinion of this "detector of the month" nonsense that's going on lately. As I've stated before, why would anyone keep upgrading just to find a few more Mercs? You're going to have to find a heck of a lot of silver and gold to get that $1,600 back.
No, I'm not a dealer, been retired over 3 years.😁

When I do upgrades I usually sell or trade to finance a deal. I sometimes find really good deals and resell to finance something else.. I once found an excal for $300, no mechanical problems, I bought new decal, and knobs, had o-rings replaced and sold it for $975, already had 2 excals.

I currently own 3 excals, bought all of them used then did the mods and upgrades. All have the reverse discrimination mods with different coils and straight shafts.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here's a chart for you. Not up to date, but you can see the price has steadily increased and they have issued more than one new phone in some years.

Attachments

• iphone-prices-over-time.png
    iphone-prices-over-time.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 25

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Here's a chart for you. Not up to date, but you can see the price has steadily increased and they have issued more than one new phone in some years.
well out of date chart. The newer top models have been similar prices but with much better spec each time.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 07.52.40.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 07.52.40.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 19

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well out of date chart. The newer top models have been similar prices but with much better spec each time.

Two releases in 2017 and 2018. I rest my case. Apple fanboys are like lemmings to the sea. "Another iPhone for a grand? Count me in!" A fool and their money are soon parted...

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Two releases in 2017 and 2018. I rest my case. Apple fanboys are like lemmings to the sea. "Another iPhone for a grand? Count me in!" A fool and their money are soon parted...
All models were announced at same time but scheduled delivery due to production limits.
Each year functionality gets better.

Your problem is that you don’t see it more than a phone and it’s way way more than that.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMHO the technology improvements are incremental, and buyers need to decide whether the improvements are worth the price of a particular new model.

I have a few that I should sell, but have some strange attachment that has prevented me from doing so.

I think the Manticore shows promise, and possibly more than just a small improvement in the technology. I've preordered and don't mind giving it a shot.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incremental says it all, come on it’s not about affordable, it comes down to finds guys, why do you by a more expensive machine to find something that previous didn’t , so Hoosier guy that’s agreed with and undisputed, my question never gets answered sound like in dc, ask a question , so me the epic and banner finds that you paid more for, it’s not happending or the finds would be posted, fellas don’t be so diehard and loyal to not answer the question it’s to dc like

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er please leave political DC references out of the posts....Thanks

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your problem is that you don’t see it more than a phone and it’s way way more than that.

Your problem is that you think it's a status symbol to flush a grand every six months on yet another phone. Line up like lemmings to the sea at the local Apple store! The new phone is in and it's only a grand! Yipee!

Sorry, but I don't feel the need to impress anyone with my new phone (or metal detector). Only a very shallow person would care what others think about their phone, car or anything else.

And I do know that it's a lot more than a phone, so cut the condescending tone.

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Your problem is that you think it's a status symbol to flush a grand every six months on yet another phone. Line up like lemmings to the sea at the local Apple store! The new phone is in and it's only a grand! Yipee!

Sorry, but I don't feel the need to impress anyone with my new phone (or metal detector). Only a very shallow person would care what others think about their phone, car or anything else.

And I do know that it's a lot more than a phone, so cut the condescending tone.
Stop being rude, you don’t know me.
My money my choice.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please end the insults Tim.. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread