Minelab SE vs Fisher F75 vs Garrett 2500 what are the pros & cons, and depths???

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Minelab SE vs Fisher F75 vs Garrett 2500 what are the pros & cons, and depths???

I can only comment on the 75. Depth really depends how you set it up and the soil conditions you have. I have dug coins at 8+ inches with the small coil. Some targets at 15+ inches were too deep to dig at the park i hunt. It is he most sensitive and fastest machine on the market right now. The ergonomics and weight is phenomenal. You can hunt all day and expect 60 hours on good battery's. There is nothing out there that can match the target separation of the 75. Its almost to powerfull in some situations and you will have to tone it down some. The display and menu system is very easy to use also. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Re: Minelab SE vs Fisher F75 vs Garrett 2500 what are the pros & cons, and depth

I got some on the GTI 2500
Pro's:
Good depth (8" on a 15mm coin)
Easy to master
accurate pinpoint
Preset programs are ok

Con's:
Heavy!! (in comparison to my DFX)
Few adjustments
Rather slow recovery speed?
Way overpriced

EZ heres my response to recovery speed/target seperation:

TreasureFiend thought about the DFX to?

Re: Minelab SE vs Fisher F75 vs Garrett 2500 what are the pros & cons, and depths???

;D Neat trick but the 75 can do that with 3 targets or more with diffrent tones at an inch apart.

Three targets an inch apart with three diffeent tones? Do you mean like 3 silver quarters and inch apart will have different tones, or do you mean three targets of different composition an inch apart? If you mean the later, so will the GTI 2500 plus it will show you the size and depth of each target. If you mean the former, all 3 targets will have the same tone but will be separated out by moving the coil about slowly. Now if there are 3 targets stacked on top of each other it will show the tone of the top target most likely, but the size will indicate the largest target. Understand what I am saying? Monty

Basic Sensitivity: 6 x 109 root Hertz (detectivity)

Lag Coefficient: 78 milliseconds

Reactive Overload: approximately 10,000 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility)
40,000 micro-cgs units with sensitivity < 30.

Resistive Overload: approximately 1,200 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility)
4,800 micro-cgs units with sensitivity < 30.

The F75, if you want technical. Yes diffrent targets with diffrent tones. You can line up several and swing it as fast as you want. It will pick up and id them all.

Re: Minelab SE vs Fisher F75 vs Garrett 2500 what are the pros & cons, and depth

EZrider said:
;D Neat trick but the 75 can do that with 3 targets or more with different tones at an inch apart.
Hey could you shoot a video of the target response like those lads did? I'd love to see it!

Actually the XP Goldmaxx Power has the fastest recovery speed on the market my friend. :wink:

Eu_citzen said:
EZrider said:
;D Neat trick but the 75 can do that with 3 targets or more with different tones at an inch apart.
Hey could you shoot a video of the target response like those lads did? I'd love to see it!

Actually the XP Goldmaxx Power has the fastest recovery speed on the market my friend. :wink:
And I believe my Troy X5 will match it. Dan

dazoff said:
Eu_citzen said:
EZrider said:

And I believe my Troy X5 will match it. Dan
I won't comment. :D :wink:

Neither the Troy nor the F75 will match the G-Max Power as far as recovery speed goes. But all are so fast that I don't think in the field one would have an advantage over the other, unless you swung the detector at the speed of sound.

what would impress me more about that video is if there were two targets being swept, first a rusty nail and then a coin. it would be interesting to see if it ids the coin as fast as it does in the video when the first beep is trash. if it does then im sold.

Hollow, speed on tone only machine are really fast because its all the circut has to do. But ! The F75 can do penny, nickle, dime, quarter, half and whole dollar all in a row as fast as you can swing it "sound like a xylophone the music instrument" as well as id all targets. I made a video and will post soon.

I agree the 2500 is heavy. You need a "Swingy Thingy " or something similar if you plan on hunting for several hours. How important is recovery speed? I can see where it would be imperative in one of the club type hunts where speed is essential, but how important is it in the field? I am not trying to be a smarta$$, I really don't know and never have thought about recovery speed much. Is it good for multiple targets, seperation of targets or what? Monty

Shenandoah Digger said:
Neither the Troy nor the F75 will match the G-Max Power as far as recovery speed goes. But all are so fast that I don't think in the field one would have an advantage over the other, unless you swung the detector at the speed of sound.

Will let you know after I get my G-Max Power contacted a shop Regton Ltd. 82 Cliveland Street Birmingham to find out what its going to cost to send me one. Dan

Monty:
Ever heard of the lads in England/ The UK?
They have iron litterd places with coins mixed in this is where recovery speed is important. :thumbsup:
Basicly at high trash areas is fast recovery speed benefical.(or target seperation as you call it)

Dan: The lads at Regton are very nice and helpful. Good luck with the GMP. :)

Eu_citzen said:
Monty:
Ever heard of the lads in England/ The UK?
They have iron litterd places with coins mixed in this is where recovery speed is important. :thumbsup:
Basicly at high trash areas is fast recovery speed benefical.(or target seperation as you call it)

Dan: The lads at Regton are very nice and helpful. Good luck with the GMP. :)

yup. a fast recovery time equates into the machine picking out good stuff amongst the trash. if a machine is too slow, if you sweep a trash target and them immediately after sweep over something good, the slow machine only hears the trash because it hasnt reset itself in time to recognize the good target.

I get it! Thanks, something to remember. Monty

No problem Monty. :thumbsup: :)

Be aware that people who have only owned on of these machines will think thier brand is the best. Try and seek advice from someone who actually has owned two or all three of the machines you are interested in.

IMO

EZrider said:
Basic Sensitivity: 6 x 109 root Hertz (detectivity)

Lag Coefficient: 78 milliseconds

Reactive Overload: approximately 10,000 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility)
40,000 micro-cgs units with sensitivity < 30.

Resistive Overload: approximately 1,200 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility)
4,800 micro-cgs units with sensitivity < 30.

The F75, if you want technical. Yes diffrent targets with diffrent tones. You can line up several and swing it as fast as you want. It will pick up and id them all.

;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back