Minelab XS NOT WORKING, ANY ADVICE????

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
Hi, Theo. I sent my E-trac back to Minelab for repair also. Two days after it was delivered I got a courtesy call from Trina at Minelab. I wasn't home so she left a message. She told me the service department got my detector, that the current turnaround is 20 working days, and if I had any question to call back. I understand your frustration when you called Minelab. The day my detector died I called and got a recording. The recording gave options, but none pertained to having a problem with a detector. So I hung up and called the same number again. This time a person answered. She was friendly and told me what I needed to do. Anyway, Minelab has had my detector for three days. Apparently I've got a long wait ahead of me. We both do. Hope they fix your detector! Dan

OP
OP
T

theo

Sep 7, 2009
Hello All, Gary i am at the same stage as you, i recieved a call from Minelab saying they recieved it but nothing since. That has been about 2 week's ago.

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theo said:
Hello All, Have problem with my xs, turn it on and it begins to start then shut's back off, then maybe 30 seconds later it will start again on it's own. It just keeps doing this, i have to pull the battery out to get it to quit. Any idea's on what to try or look for before i send it to the factory? Has any one else had this problem, hope it is something simple. Battery is good, fully charged.

I also had this happen to my Minelab Sterling, early version of the Musketeer. Found it was actually two problems. The on/off switch on the sensitivity pot was bad. Soldered a slide switch onto the board where the
power contact pins are soldered. Solved the on/off problem. Next problem was bad soldering job on the searchcoil cable plug, wires were shorting out.

I managed to save the pot and make the on/off portion work again. I shot "electronic contact cleaner" into the pots openings. Some cleaners attact certain plastics, so I put some rags around the pot to contain the spray cleaner. Might be just a simple fix for you.

http://home.earthlink.net/~puddlepirate/id13.html

Attachments

• plug1.JPG
    plug1.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 477
  • plug2.JPG
    plug2.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 418
  • pots.JPG
    pots.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 363

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
theo said:
Hello All, Gary i am at the same stage as you, i recieved a call from Minelab saying they recieved it but nothing since. That has been about 2 week's ago.

It took Minelab 3 weeks to get my detector back to me. I've had it for a few weeks. It works like new. Originally Minelab told me it would take 4 weeks, but I got it a week earlier than that. The wait was the hardest part of the ordeal. But Minelab fixed my detector and honored the warranty. Didn't cost me a thing. I'm out hunting again, so I'm happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread