Minelabs Excellent Service

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Minelab's Excellent Service

;DHi Everyone and happy post-Christmas 2006! I bought an Excalibur 800 last February on Ebay and it developed a few knob problems in November, so I sent it to the Minelab repair facility in Las Vegas. I was a bit worried about the cost since I never had it under warranty... but what was I going to do? They told me just to put a note in the box and they'd contact me later. When I called after about 2 weeks (since I was jonesing for a visit to the beach); I was told that it was already on its way back to me! It arrived a few days later, in better than the 'original' condition that I had received it in... and all free of charge - including shipping! I'd heard that Minelab really takes care of its customers, but this kind of service was amazing! Just wanted to pass the good word on; it's a great machine backed by terrific customer service.
Ruth

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: Minelab's Excellent Service

thats good to hear since i just ordered an explorer yesterday!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

MonDak said:
hollowpointred said:
thats good to hear since i just ordered an explorer yesterday!
WOW, HP, good luck with the explorer. Will be interesting to see what you find
once you start going over sites that you've done with your last detector. 2007
may be a race between you and bscofield to see who finds the most IH,s.

haha i dont know..........that ol bsco seems to have some pretty awesome spots, and the skill to pull in the loot! im sure it will take me a while before i know the machine the way bsco does,and even then i will need to do a better job finding productive spots (my biggest problem i think). the immediate area i live in is not very old and it is very built up with a lot of available land paved over. the city i live near is old as dirt, but detecting is not allowed on any city owned land. oh well, its a common problem im sure. it will be interesting to see if i missed any old coins at the spots that i did find stuff. i will keep everyone posted. :)

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75

Minelab out of Las Vegas is tops in service as far as I am concerned! They always treated me right and even sent a shipper tag. Turn around for me was one week and the unit was repaired.

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*

Minelab "Vegas" is great & the people that work there are very helpful.... and many thanks to My Friend "Sandy Burton" at Minelab!!! :D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If anyone else has loose knobs on the Excal and don't want to send it back may install alum. 6 mm. Amp knobs from Radio Shack. Be sure to get the ones with the brass set screw. The newer Excals don't have the same problem.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal

saintsea...
I'll second that about minelab in Vegas. I got into a car accident last halloween ('06) and my excalibur and DFX were both in my truck at the time. Both were crushed. I just replaced my excalibur (also on ebay) and sent it off to Minelab just for a checkup, to make sure all is good with it. It went out Friday, Jan 5. They received it on the 1/8, and yesterday 1/17, I received an email from Sandy saying that it was on its way back to me.

They did a full diagnostic on it, checked everything, and didn't charge me a dime. I am definitely happy with their service

Steve

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info Sandman. I wondered about that on mine which is only a year old. Knobs seemed very tight and percise, so I wondered if it developed over time.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2

Everyone is correct about Minelab in Vegas,and exspecially "Sandy Burton" I purchased a SE a couple month's ago. An i noticed a couple area's on the coil that worried me,i contacted Minelab an spoke with Sandy,an she took the time to talk with me an my concern,an within a few day's Sandy had a new coil on the way to me, an also has taken care of shipping,After realizing the excellent service that Sandy has provided,has convinced me to purchase a second detector,which i recently purchased thru Kellyco,today a Minelab Excalibur 1000. I fill confident that any detector problem will be corrected,an this makes me fill great on my decision to purchase both detectors.Keep up the great work Minelab,and please always take care of Sandy Burton,because she is taking care of your customers :) :) :)Ronald 99

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loose knobs on the Excal were a thing of the earlier Excals. I learned that some guys applied glue to be sure to keep the knobs on. Bad idea if you need service. Even with alum. knobs with set screws, the screw may become lose and you could still lose your knob. I lost a knob off a CZ20 once and they have set screws.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread