725.4 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that all that is missing? I usually find my lost things in the last place I look.......I would keep looking. Nice point though, I would be upset too.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Villagenut, I had a guy once come to the house to purchase a $7K garden pond once upon a time ago. He stole a couple chewed musket balls I made the mistake of showing him. I got the $7k job, never said a word about the musket balls, but people are sometimes stupid.

Edgychris1, you may have misplaced it, I do that a lot. However, I will watch for it.

OP
OP
E

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at work 10 hr today and I dont own rather rent.
I've jumped the gun in the past. This is not a joke I'm dead serious. If it turns up I'll never post a message like this again.
To the untrained eye that could look like a small fortune.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find it. I have a major fit when I misplace something then want it NOW.

OP
OP
E

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find it. I have a major fit when I misplace something then want it NOW.

Yes, I hope I find it too. The amount of effort put into this and finding them is heartbreaking when and if this is true.

I cant believe some people have there entire collections sitting out. I usually only keep the last weeks ones out until they sink in and reflect. Then off to undisclosed location.

Please lmk thx

OP
OP
E

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your situation happens more often than not. My friend had two van Staal fishing reels. He had a contractor working on his parents summer cottage in the winter on the Cape. They didnt visit the house until like weeks after the contractor was done. Come to find out the line was clipped on both reels and tge rods were there.

Idk. I hope I find it. Turning my whole spot over 2moro

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hope you find it Chris and hopefully it wasn't stolen. I'm the same way, my collection is not visible because it has happened to me.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retrace your steps, starting with the last place you know you saw it. I have put my cell phone in the refrigerator more than once, (put everything in bag at same time) and remember trucks and cars eat things we like.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Bummer dude.

I hope you find it. Relax and think about when you last had it.

A number of years back, I took a couple of frames into town to show a new friend. After a few hours of show and tell I left for home.

A few months after that I stopped by his house to talk arrowheads. He goes upstairs to take care of something and I saunter over to his framed points in his living room.

Looking at his points I spot a very nice fox valley like one I had found many years prior. Nice I think. Moving closer to it I note some writing on it.

Hey WTF! that's my catalog writing I think in shock.

He comes down and I confront him about it.

He mumbles something to the effect he was looking at it during the show and tell and laid it down and spaced it. He goes on saying he was planning to call me and tell me about "leaving it" but forgot so he put it in his frame until he saw me next. He opens up the frame and gives it to me. BullS^$! I say and walked out with my point.

Not seen him since.

Attachments

• 2021-06-10_22-02-07.jpg
    2021-06-10_22-02-07.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 45
  • fox_valley0003.JPG
    fox_valley0003.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 45

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost an 8 reale cob in a jacket pocket for 9 months. I hadn't worn the jacket for awhile and I hate to admit it but I forget what I have anymore.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ex lost a $3000 diamond ring I had given her for almost a year, I found it in a folded towel at the bottom of a stack of towels in linen closet.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bummer dude.

I hope you find it. Relax and think about when you last had it.

A number of years back, I took a couple of frames into town to show a new friend. After a few hours of show and tell I left for home.

A few months after that I stopped by his house to talk arrowheads. He goes upstairs to take care of something and I saunter over to his framed points in his living room.

Looking at his points I spot a very nice fox valley like one I had found many years prior. Nice I think. Moving closer to it I note some writing on it.

Hey WTF! that's my catalog writing I think in shock.

He comes down and I confront him about it.

He mumbles something to the effect he was looking at it during the show and tell and laid it down and spaced it. He goes on saying he was planning to call me and tell me about "leaving it" but forgot so he put it in his frame until he saw me next. He opens up the frame and gives it to me. BullS^$! I say and walked out with my point.

Not seen him since.

That's a killer dog, glad you got it back.

OP
OP
E

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a killer dog, glad you got it back.

Theres more details to situation I left out on purpose. I didnt misplace it 99.99 percent sure. I was handling the night before and remember putting it in my room.

There more details here and let's just say I havnt found it yet....

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you think it walked off…you must live with someone else or have other people in your room while your gone.

I’d set up a camera and leave some bait out. That might lead you to your point.

Otherwise it will turn up somewhere that later makes sense.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you got any pets?

OP
OP
E

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Negative goast rider. Wish I could but long work days wont allow for a dog. So no no pets.

That would be horrible tho if ingested but I see what your saying a cat knocking g things off the shelve.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Tesorodeoro had a good suggestion to set up a camera.

A decent investment which is low cost for anyone is to invest in security.

One can obtain 3 wyze cameras, indoor and outdoor for about $175.00 which can record video, both day and night.

Monitor your exterior entry points and you primary relic area. Even if damaged during an event, the video is recorded and uploaded to your server account.

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you got any pets?

FWIW, some cats like to hide artifacts (and other small, interesting toys) in secret stashes. I've found kitty treats hidden in my shoes, and artifacts in strange places they couldn't have ended up in otherwise. Boredom plus intelligence can produce some surprising outcomes.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned dogs all my life and several over the years were prone to moving my stuff around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread