Mississippi metal detectorists

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bring a gun, it's rough around there. Go really early and carry a gun. I'm for real no joke

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where you stay at hollywood? I grew up in jackson I go in front of battlefield all the time. I get case parts right across the street. The guy that does my tats is across from there as well.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brandon by the Rez

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stay in copiah county but work all over madison county. What kind of machine do you run?

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Xp DEUS, you?

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett at pro and teknetics t2 se upgraded version. The t2 is a deep beast!

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that deus would sniff out the masked silvers in my yard and neighbors yard.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oldest house still standing where I live dates back to the 1870s. Ive found 1910 1911 wheat pennies in my yard. 500 foot down my road I found a few mercs liberty nickels and a standing liberty and some buffalo nickels. All within walking distance of my home :) waiting on a guy to cut where the old depot was. I found the town church and school yard. I just found where this town originated at but havent checked it out yet.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

BeaverWarrior82

Jul 29, 2015
Brandon,MS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys!

Im new but very interested in getting into the metal detecting hobby.

I am currently looking to get the minelab e-trac setup.

Cant wait to get into the ms humidity/heat and dig up some history.

I am also from Brandon, Ms.

If anyone has any tips/reccomendations on gear please feel free to comment or add me on facebook if you guys have a page up for MS metal detecting.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard BW, go ahead and warn you that MDing is very addictive. After that first good find, you will never be the same, its a blast. I have three tips - practice with whatever detector you get and that means a lot digging, the only way to really learn it. Second - research, a lot of history in Mississippi so plenty of places to go but just have to find a place and a property owner. Third - get with some guys who have some experience, haven't met any MDer who won't help. Lot of good MDers in your area. We are in the Hattiesburg area but will hunt just about anywhere we can. Have detector, will travel. Also keep up with Treasurenet, great website with a lot of info. We try to post when we have something going on, always an open invitation. We post mainly on TNET but we have a facebook page too, South Mississippi Relic Team. Let us know when you get hooked up and ready to dig.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im new but very interested in getting into the metal detecting hobby.

I am currently looking to get the minelab e-trac setup.

Cant wait to get into the ms humidity/heat and dig up some history.

I am also from Brandon, Ms.

If anyone has any tips/reccomendations on gear please feel free to comment or add me on facebook if you guys have a page up for MS metal detecting.
Welcome man!! Im from hazlehurst but work in madison county all the time. Id love to meet with some of yall and go detecting. There is alot of experienced metal detectorist here on the site in ms. Congratulations on the etrac. I run a garrett at pro and a makro racer. Good luck to you in this addicting hobby.

at pro both coils, makro racer, and detectnix pinpointer.

BeaverWarrior82

Jul 29, 2015
Brandon,MS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ive been offered a brand new etrac for 1200$ shipped.. think i should jump on that or find a lightly used one for around 800$?

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ive been offered a brand new etrac for 1200$ shipped.. think i should jump on that or find a lightly used one for around 800$?
What ever fits your budget. you may can find a used one with more coils too. If i had money to just spend id go new.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Id recommend buying an older used machine if youre new to the hobby.
If you have 1200 to spend, you might want to look into buying a XP Deus for just a little bit more.
There is a guy Kshollywood in Hazelhurst who is a dealer.
He might give you a good deal and show you hot to use it.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id recommend buying an older used machine if youre new to the hobby.
If you have 1200 to spend, you might want to look into buying a XP Deus for just a little bit more.
There is a guy Kshollywood in Hazelhurst who is a dealer.
He might give you a good deal and show you hot to use it.
Im from hazlehurst too! Lol

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry I meant Flowood, not Hazelhurst.. I think Flowood is somewhere near Jackson.
Anyhow if you go new, contact the dealers first, most will give you a discounted price.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I meant Flowood, not Hazelhurst.. I think Flowood is somewhere near Jackson.
Anyhow if you go new, contact the dealers first, most will give you a discounted price.
Yes flowood sits right next to jackson you are correct sir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread