What's new

Mixed detector

chip12977

Full Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
113
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why hasn't a manufacturer made a machine that was a PI detector and a vlf detector? Could flip a toggle switch to go from one mode to the next
 
Upvote 0
Mainly because each uses a different search coil.
 
Mainly because each uses a different search coil.

I can't see what would be different, my 12" coil on my Whites DF looks the same as my Whites DFX 300 coil.

I would think the windings would be the same between the two also, but I'm not an electrical engineer, so I'm just guessing here.

I guess if a guy like me with no education past high school thought about this then surly the top manufacturers have at least thought about this and figured it wouldn't work, OR it would work and they just don't want to make one so you have to buy two detectors!
 
If they did make a VLF/PI combo, how could they sell you two machines? I am actually surprised that manufacturers have produced all-terrain waterproof machines like the ATPro and the CTX3030. Maybe the PI/VLF is next. They surely don't want to market everything at the same time. Manufacturers like the fact that I own five detectors.....
 
It is possible with todays chips. They just want you to buy more.
 
If they did make a VLF/PI combo, how could they sell you two machines? I am actually surprised that manufacturers have produced all-terrain waterproof machines like the ATPro and the CTX3030. Maybe the PI/VLF is next. They surely don't want to market everything at the same time. Manufacturers like the fact that I own five detectors.....
Yeah, they always say no one machine can do it all but the AT pro comes mighty close.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom