gleaner1
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2009
- Messages
- 4,507
- Reaction score
- 1,039
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Gateway to the 1000 Islands
- Detector(s) used
- Sometime(s)
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
Nice black glass bottle! Show us a close-up of that one.gleaner1 said:L to R, black glass, teal turn mold champagne, honey turn mold wine, big bubbly green turn mold wine, 3 piece mold killer green bubbly whiskey,
Wright and Taylor quart, mini seen in my mini booze post.
Mineral waters were common . . . nasty-tasting, sulphurous waters which were taken for health reasons, principally for their laxative effects. Saxelhener's Bitterquille is a common mineral water that is often mistaken for a bitters bottle.gleaner1 said:Harry, you know things that few know. I always thought they were wines. Pics of the black glass soon.
Nice bottle, 'gleaner1', though I don't know the origin of your bottle. The "B" could as easily stand for "Boston" as it could for "Bristol." Of course, there are lots of other possibilities.gleaner1 said:Harry, got busy tonight but I tried to get you some pics. Interestingly enough, this one came out almost touching the sand pontil cologne.
Its 9" tall, hammered, 3-piece, has a hemi kick-up with 'B' embossed. It's a deep chocolate amber. I sense its from off shore, Brit? Ireland??