D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show Meteorite men viewed this week, and during that show the used a metal detector that looked like about 4ft. by 4ft. made of pvc.., they both held an end and swung it back and forth across the meteorite located before they dug it. They were able to detect quite deep with that one and the one they pulled behind in the truck.

Does anybody know how they made that hand helt device that detected deep?

It lookes like a single coil without an inner coil, is there such a thing to create??

Is it only the increase in coil size that determins the increase of depth??

Can a regular Mine lab be modified into such a device??

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that looks like what i was looking for, thanks..

Does anybody out there in Michigan, have a Pulse Star 2 they could demenstrate for me?

Reg

Aug 10, 2007
Pueblo, CO
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this is a modify site, you might consider reading some of the info on the Geotech forum about building both detectors or coils.

Now, I have not seen the meteorite man show, but I suspect they are using a pulse unit. If so, then many such units can use a very large coil. The problem is finding one already made. As a result, several people have built them. In fact, there is a discussion of one being built to work on a PI that was sort of built from a kit idea. Actually, the pc board, parts list, and an explanation was available some time back. The unit was called the Hammerhead.

Here is a link to the Geotech forum for those interested.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/

One more note, posting on this forum could make you eligible to win a TDI or a V3. Here is a little more information on that subject.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=89296#post89296

Have fun,

Reg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread