What's new

Moms piggy bank

watercolor

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mom's piggy bank

This piggy bank sat on my parents bookcase for as long as I can remember and while
I was growing up, I recalled my mother dropping a coin in it every now and then.

DSC_7903.webp

I never really paid too much attention to this piggy bank when I was a kid but curiosity
got the better of me the other day and I just HAD to know what kind of coins were in it ::)

20-minutes later, all the coins were out and they were all dated 1946. . . which was
the year my parents got married. . . I thought that was cool :thumbsup:

DSC_7904.webp

Thanks for looking,
watercolor
 
Upvote 0
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Thanks for all the comments. . . and happily, Miss Piggy's still in one piece.

I put all the coins back in (was a lot easier than getting them out :P) and found a place
for her on our bookcase.

watercolor
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Strange! the penny back on the right hand side near the top looks like it might be some kind of mint mistake! Better take a closer look at that one
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

You know... that is a really cool idea. I think I am going to do it!
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Very cool to honor her, every time you find a 46 coin...it belongs to the bank. Great Story and thank you for telling it...Congrats and HH
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Great story, Mark!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is such a nice find!

Now you know, every time you find a coin from 1946, that's them letting you know they are out there with you! :wink:
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Thats cool, I keep all my coins of significant dates to, thought I was the only one!
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

That is a cool looking bank...and a neat post.
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Why would she do that? Come to think of it, mothers are pretty smart! Those coins wouldn't have lasted in my house growing up. Nice post.

I miss my mom.
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Cool story and coins....and even a cooler miss piggy!!!!


hh



mike
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

To cool !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

I agree with the commenter who thinks your piggy bank is valuable - it could very well be. Check to see if there are any identifying marks or initials indicating who made it. If your mother is still living, see if she can recall any information of this sort, or if she knows where it was purchased. Keep it safe. Condition is very important.
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Nice story Mike, thanks for the post!!!

HH Joe
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Curiosity killed the cat satisfaction brought it back. Great story. True Love.
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

What is the deal with the penny with the bumps on the right side of the photo?

Usually it's someone playing around and beating on the coin, but I have seen similar bumps on NEW coinage (can't recall what the name of it is) related to the striking of the coin and/or defective planchette.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom