What's new

Moms piggy bank

watercolor

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mom's piggy bank

This piggy bank sat on my parents bookcase for as long as I can remember and while
I was growing up, I recalled my mother dropping a coin in it every now and then.

DSC_7903.webp

I never really paid too much attention to this piggy bank when I was a kid but curiosity
got the better of me the other day and I just HAD to know what kind of coins were in it ::)

20-minutes later, all the coins were out and they were all dated 1946. . . which was
the year my parents got married. . . I thought that was cool :thumbsup:

DSC_7904.webp

Thanks for looking,
watercolor
 
Upvote 0
Re: Mom's piggy bank

nice wheaties and silver....Matt
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Great looking bank........
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

plehbah said:
I think that was supposed to be their liquor/room/anniversary money.

You are still a very bad boy!

::)
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

That's awesome. I hope the coins made it back into the bank!
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

did the pig survive?
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

That is very cool!
Baggins
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

The bank itself is probably worth much more than the change you posted. I hope it survived the surgery intact.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Neat! For years, my grandma collected quarters for the birth years of her kids and grandkids, and when she died last year, I got a whole bunch of quarters from my birth year. I only wish I had been born in the silver years!
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing it with us...

Steve
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Hmmmm just lookin, thought this could be the origin of the swine flu outbreak, but nope, your ok, carry on. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

That's a great story and cool find as well! Love the piggy bank...very neat looking!

HH,
Moon
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Mark very cool, if the bank survived LOL! Oh its still very cool! :icon_sunny:
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

That's so romantically cool...
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

Well they were probably doing that thing where you put a coin in the bank for each time you have sex the first year you are married. After the first year you take one out each time. Supposedly you never run out of coins to take out! Maybe they just put them in!
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

DP BOB said:
That's so romantically cool...

Isn't it! 8)

Lots of nice keepers in there, WC! :thumbsup: I do hope the piggy survived. :wink:

Nana :wink:
 
Re: Mom's piggy bank

A cool surprise...but what's up with the dimpled wheat?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom