What's new

MONDAY AND TUESDAY IN THE WATER

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The temperature got up to 92 on Monday. There is no better place to be than the water. I was joined by 3 other water hunters on the outgoing tide. The Boys From Westchester County helped scan the bottom of the mile long beach. There were plenty of targets for all of us.
I managed 43 coins which just covered the $4 parking fee. lol
One scoop pulled a razor blade from the bottom. Why anyone would bring something like that to the beach is beyond me. You don't carry something like that in your pocket. It had to have been intentionally disposed of in the water.
The coincidental find of the day was a small brass lock,, and then a few steps later, two keys that fit that lock.
I have found a ton of hoop earrings over the years but this is the first SQUARE hoop earring. I also recovered a nameplate that may be gold but it isn't marked. By the way,, what is a "KONKY"??

IMG_4848.webpIMG_4847.webp

Tuesday's hunt was a solo event. I was the only one in the water and I didn't see any of the regulars sweeping the sand.
Along with 44 coins, there was a costume bracelet that really set off the Excalibur. The little Avon ear post had me thinking Gold also.
I have to tell you that I sure am glad that I have a Magnet installed in my scoop. In one scoop, I managed to grab 25 pieces of what was once a bracelet. Without the magnet, those pieces would have slipped right through the scoop and I would have been chasing them all day.

IMG_4846.webpIMG_4845.webpIMG_4844.webp
 
Upvote 24
Some great finds, and a great idea placing a magnet at the side of the scoop. I wonder if anyone else has envisioned that? Might want to patent it!
 
Wait.....that is the razor blade used to slice Jimmy Hoffa's throat before they discarded him!
 
If you are at a beach that boaters anchor at and party, I can tell you exactly what it is for. Cocaine. I have lots of drug paraphernalia. I had that same question on the boaters site and it made complete sense.
 
Hey ATW, great couple of days! As you know per our conversation, I'm on a mission for gold, and spent yesterday in the river. While not striking gold, I did find a watch and a handful of change, namely, two 1965 Washington quarters...grrrr...my first two targets, one foot apart. Your water-proofing tips were invaluable! My ATP performed flawlessly...but I accidentally submerged my Garrett Pro Pointer and it crapped out. (Dried out and working today tho). Like u say, the gold will come, I'll keep digging those lower signals. Thanks very much for all your help...ddf
 
Hey ATW, great couple of days! As you know per our conversation, I'm on a mission for gold, and spent yesterday in the river. While not striking gold, I did find a watch and a handful of change, namely, two 1965 Washington quarters...grrrr...my first two targets, one foot apart. Your water-proofing tips were invaluable! My ATP performed flawlessly...but I accidentally submerged my Garrett Pro Pointer and it crapped out. (Dried out and working today tho). Like u say, the gold will come, I'll keep digging those lower signals. Thanks very much for all your help...ddf

The Garrett Carrot is completely submersible but the Garrett pro pointer is not. I know some people who have wrapped their pointers in glad bags to allow them to use the pointers in shallow water. If you drop that pointer in salt water, you can throw it away. lol
Good luck on the river.
.
 
Sweet Finds and good getting out! :occasion14:
 
Keep under water!

aj
 
Don't get any better then hunting in the water on a Hot day!! Congrads on the treasures!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom