Monday Evenings Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Decided to buck the system and head out for a Monday night swing for a change!! Left the muddy swamp field to dry out and went to a neighbouring field of stubble…! xx

Ahh which to post first… mine or his… ok will do his as its “silver” (not hallmarked) ..and mine is lead 😂..! xx

A stunning ARP badge… will add link for you.. but its a badge given to persons who volunteer for ARP services and who undergo the necessary training (1936) xx

Then what i believe is a candle stick holder.. made of lead.. 225g 2.5 inches x 2.5 inches!! Beautiful leaves nd flowers on it!!

Then to the usual assortment.. buckle and part buckle, livery button need to id the bird… 2 musket balls, buttons, a small id plate.. and the little item on the left, has a pattern on it and has a bent little clip/hinge on the top🤔 xx

Usual fancy pics of a sunny Monday evening in England xx 😎

https://www.ww2civildefence.co.uk/blog/history-of-the-arp-badge
IMG_8384.jpeg
IMG_8385.jpeg
IMG_8386.jpeg
IMG_8387.jpeg
IMG_8389.jpeg
IMG_8391.jpeg
IMG_8394.jpeg
IMG_8393.jpeg
IMG_8392.jpeg
IMG_8390.jpeg
IMG_8381.jpeg
IMG_8382.jpeg
IMG_8383.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 21

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats to himself on the lovely A.R.P badge, is it the full version or the miniature one?
Great to see you sneaking out for a bit of playtime.
Would a candle stick have a metal threaded insert?

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Congrats to himself on the lovely A.R.P badge, is it the full version or the miniature one?
Great to see you sneaking out for a bit of playtime.
Would a candle stick have a metal threaded insert?
Well its about 2 inches long so guess its full size?… i will edit post as its not technically hallmarked silver.. !!

I think it is… has a black residue through it… so dont think its a door knob… 🤔 xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well its about 2 inches long so guess its full size?… i will edit post as its not technically hallmarked silver.. !!

I think it is… has a black residue through it… so dont think its a door knob… 🤔 xx
Not marked that is strange?
Have you photo'd the back of the badge?
2 inches you say, that's rather big wouldn't you say as the badges were smaller by a 1/2"

Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 5.40.18 AM.png

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Now I wasn't thinking door knob either-part of a candelabra or chandelier instead of a single candle stick.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Not marked that is strange?
Have you photo'd the back of the badge?
2 inches you say, that's rather big wouldn't you say as the badges were smaller by a 1/2"

View attachment 2098192
Soz was guessing cos im upstairs… but now ive gone down nd got it for you… its 1.5 inches and the back looks like this… xx

Attachments

• IMG_8395.jpeg
    IMG_8395.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Soz was guessing cos im upstairs… but now ive gone down nd got it for you… its 1.5 inches and the back looks like this… xx
Not finished with this yet
Hallmarked C so issued in 1938
Though the attachments are different as the examples look like a collar stud attachment.
Himself's recovery has a pin attachment
Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 5.59.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 5.58.23 AM.png

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Though the attachments are different as the examples look like a collar stud attachment.
View attachment 2098194 View attachment 2098195
Peps you have the eyes of an hawk 😳 … 😂😂 i looked for a hallmark.. nope.. nothing…. but you spotted it from right over there 😂😂 … xx thank you xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Peps you have the eyes of an hawk 😳 … 😂😂 i looked for a hallmark.. nope.. nothing…. but you spotted it from right over there 😂😂 … xx thank you xx
I can see why it was hard to see hidden under the crud and mud. :laughing7:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE HUNT GREAT FINDS !!! Thanks for sharing

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 2098194 View attachment 2098195
Himself's piece is not the buttonhole/collar hole type.
Rather he recovered a ladies version?

They were mentioned as being worn on hats/berets ect. Perhaps the button hole fit were less popular for such on hats?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Odd piece , threaded inside. It may be time to start declaring unidentified strange pieces as sauce bottle related. Till solved , how about sauce bottle top? L.o.l.

Another piece pictured with the ring wants to be a stirrup. (Many things do over time of course.)
it's bent up and broken but still hints.
Could be wishful thinking , but if wider than my foot I would declare it not a sauce bottle piece!

Congrats to himself on the badge. Quite the recovey!! Sticking with this detecting business of fields and bugs and rooting about it has it's surprises now and then.

You both got into the history again on another great outing. Congrats!!

No nightime pictures with you holding the torch whilst himself makes recoveries yet?

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Odd piece , threaded inside. It may be time to start declaring unidentified strange pieces as sauce bottle related. Till solved , how about sauce bottle top? L.o.l.

Another piece pictured with the ring wants to be a stirrup. (Many things do over time of course.)
it's bent up and broken but still hints.
Could be wishful thinking , but if wider than my foot I would declare it not a sauce bottle piece!

Congrats to himself on the badge. Quite the recovey!! Sticking with this detecting business of fields and bugs and rooting about it has it's surprises now and then.

You both got into the history again on another great outing. Congrats!!

No nightime pictures with you holding the torch whilst himself makes recoveries yet?

:rolleyes:
Ha.. ok sauce bottle related it is!!! Hmm the “stirrup “ is quite small … Himself has large bunions on both of his trotters and can confirm they defo wouldnt fit him.. 😂 …!!

Dont tempt me.. one of my most favourite things is using my phone light to look at details on stuff… then “accidentally “ turning it so it shines in his eyes….!!! 😂. So ive probably blown the chances of being trusted for nighttime digs as described 😬😂😂😂 xx

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to buck the system and head out for a Monday night swing for a change!! Left the muddy swamp field to dry out and went to a neighbouring field of stubble…! xx

Ahh which to post first… mine or his… ok will do his as its “silver” (not hallmarked) ..and mine is lead 😂..! xx

A stunning ARP badge… will add link for you.. but its a badge given to persons who volunteer for ARP services and who undergo the necessary training (1936) xx

Then what i believe is a candle stick holder.. made of lead.. 225g 2.5 inches x 2.5 inches!! Beautiful leaves nd flowers on it!!

Then to the usual assortment.. buckle and part buckle, livery button need to id the bird… 2 musket balls, buttons, a small id plate.. and the little item on the left, has a pattern on it and has a bent little clip/hinge on the top🤔 xx

Usual fancy pics of a sunny Monday evening in England xx 😎

https://www.ww2civildefence.co.uk/blog/history-of-the-arp-badge View attachment 2098179 View attachment 2098180 View attachment 2098181 View attachment 2098182 View attachment 2098183 View attachment 2098184 View attachment 2098185 View attachment 2098186 View attachment 2098187 View attachment 2098188 View attachment 2098189 View attachment 2098190 View attachment 2098191
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds for both of you! Again, great pictures. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread